Kit Cartwright (born January 4, 1954) is an American football administrator and a former American football player and coach. Since 2010, he has been the associate director for football operations at Indiana University. He was the head football coach at Butler University from 2002 to 2005. After compiling a 7-36 record at Butler, he was fired as the school's head football coach, effective at the end of the 2005 season.
Cartwright is a native of Toledo, Ohio. He attended Bowling Green State University where he played defensive back (as a walk-on) under head coach Don Nehlen. He graduated from Bowling Green in 1976. Since that time, Cartwright has been a football coach at 13 different universities, including Toledo (graduate assistant, 1976), Ohio Wesleyan (defensive coordinator, 1977), Penn State (part-time assistant, 1978), Bowling Green (defensive secondary coach, 1979-1982), Purdue (defensive secondary and receivers coach, 1983-1986), Eastern Illinois (offensive coordinator, 1987-1988), Colorado State (1989-1992), Ball State (offensive coordinator, 1993), Michigan (quarterback and receivers coach, 1994-1995), and Indiana (passing game coordinator, 1996), Butler (offensive coordinator, 1998-2001; head coach, 2002-2005), and DePauw (offensive coordinator, 2006). He was the position coach for future NFL quarterbacks Tom Brady and Brian Griese while at Michigan. He was also the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the Canadian Football League from 2007 to 2008.
- "Butler fires football coach Kit Cartwright". Tuscaloosa News. October 26, 2005.
- "Winless Butler to get new coach for 2006". The Free Lance Star. October 26, 2005.
- "BG Grad Cartwright Returns As Grid Aide". Toledo Blade. March 23, 1979.
- "Cartwright moves up". Toledo Blade. October 5, 1994.
- "Kit Cartwright Bio". Indiana University.
- "Kit Cartwright Bio". Butler University.
- "Veteran Coach Kit Cartwright to Assist Tiger Football Program". DePauw University. July 10, 2006.
- "Kit Cartwright named new Butler football coach". The Daily Sentinel. July 25, 2002.
- Kirk Penton (March 14, 2007). "Berry gets his man: Turned Blue job down last year". Canoe Slam Sports.