This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Klaus-Peter Müller at Horasis Global China Business Meeting, 2007
|Born||16 September 1944|
- 1962-1964: Apprenticeship in banking at Bankhaus Friedrich Simon KGaA, Düsseldorf
- 1964-1966: Military service (1st Lt.)
- Since 1966 working for Commerzbank AG:
- 1966-1968: Düsseldorf Branch
- 1968-1973: Representative Office New York, since 1971 New York Branch
- 1973-1982: Düsseldorf Branch, later Joint Manager of the Duisburg Branch
- 1982-1986: Joint Manager of the New York Branch
- 1986-1990: Executive Vice President, Head of the Corporate Banking Department
- February 1990: Head of the department in charge of the Bank’s East German operations
- Since 1 November 1990: Member of the Board of Managing Directors
- 25 May 2001 - 15 May 2008: Chairman of the Board of Managing Directors
- March 2005 - March 2009: President of the Association of German Banks, Berlin
- Since May 2008: Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- February 2004: Honorary doctorate from Finance Academy of the Russian Federation, Moscow
- Since January 2007: Honorary professor at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management (Bankakademie / HfB), Frankfurt am Main
- Since April 2008: Chairman of the Executive Committee German Transport Forum, Berlin
Awards and decorations
- 2011: Great Federal Cross of Merit (Großes Verdienstkreuz)
- June 2008: Ludwig-Erhard Gold Medal of the Economic Council of the Christian Democratic Union
- January 2007: Honorary Professor at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- June 2005: Cross of Honour of the Bundeswehr in Gold, for the recognition of commitment to in-depth meetings between executives of the Bundeswehr and the economy
- February 2004: Honorary doctorate from the University of Finance Government of the Russian Federation
- "Klaus-Peter Müller". Commerzbank AG. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "Zahlen, Daten, Fakten der Kreditwirtschaft" (PDF). Zahlen, Daten, Fakten der Kreditwirtschaft: p. 9. November 2017 – via Association of German Banks (Bundesverband deutscher Banken e.V.
- "Klaus_Peter Mueller" (PDF). Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "Klaus-Peter Müller". Council on business and society. Retrieved 30 January 2013.