|Location||3001 Knoxville Center Drive, near Exit 8 on Interstate 640, Knoxville, United States|
|Management||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||120+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||964,000 square feet (89,600 m2)
|No. of floors||2|
Knoxville Center, formerly East Towne Mall; located in Knoxville, Tennessee, is a super-regional shopping mall serving the Knoxville metropolitan area. The mall opened in 1984, and is located at Exit 8 on Interstate 640. The mall's primary target is the fastest growing area in the market. The mall was sold to Simon Property Group spin off Washington Prime Group(now under the name WP Glimcher) in 2014. Retaining Simon Property Group as the manager of the mall. On February 18, 2016 it was announced that the mall had been placed up for sale once again.
- Vacant Anchor Space- (Opened as Miller's Department Store, then later Hess's, to later become Dillard's. [ 123,601 sq ft.)
- Belk (Opened as Proffitt's, became Belk, 108,048 sq ft.)
- Sears, Roebuck and Company (Original Anchor, 179,628 sq ft.)
- J. C. Penney (Original Anchor, 133,431 sq ft.)
- Gold's Gym(former Service Merchandise, two level store 54,000 sq ft.)
- Dillard's- Closed in September, 2008.
- Proffitt's- Closed due to corporate realignment, reopened as Belk.
- Service Merchandise (two story store near Sears which closed to become The Rush Fitness Complex, 54,000 sq ft.)
Knoxville Center opened with a food court in the center of the mall located on the upper level of the Center Court. The food court is located directly next to the 10-screen Regal Stadium Cinema location.
Renovation and name Change
East Towne Mall received a major renovation by its owner Simon Property Group in 1997. The outside was left unchanged aside from a new entrance. The inside was renovated with new tile, paint, trim, and other features. The mall adopted a Tennessee mountain theme. Once renovation was completed, the name Knoxville Center was adopted.
- http://www.simon.com/Mall/LeasingSheet/0906_KnoxvilleCenter_SCO2033MasterOverview.pdf Knoxville Center Information
- http://www.simon.com/mall/LeasingSheet/Knoxville.pdf Market Target
- Knoxville Center Mall up for sale again
- http://www.regalcinemas.com/movies/locations.jsp?state_id=TN Regal Stadium 10