|RD-36-51 installed on a (mothballed) Tu-144 aircraft|
|National origin||Soviet Union|
|Manufacturer||Kolesov Design Bureau|
|Major applications||Tupolev Tu-144|
Single-spool aviation turbojet.
Developed in OKB-36 P. A. Kolesov. The engine was produced at Rybinsk Motor-Building Plant. The RD-36-51A engine version was developed for a passenger supersonic aircraft Tu-144D. A simplified modification with a fixed nozzle for a high-altitude Myasishchev M-17 was designated as RD-36-51B. The engine develops a thrust of 68.6 kN (7000 kgf). The RD36-51A engine passed all state bench and flight (on the Tu-144D aircraft) tests in 1973-75. The engine had following parameters:
- Maximum thrust at take-off = 20,000 kgf
- Maximum thrust during supersonic cruise = 5000 kgf (altitude = 18000 m, speed = 2350 km / h)
- Maximum thrust during subsonic cruise= 3000 kgf (altitude = 11000 m, speed = 1000 km / h)
- Temperature = 1355 K
- Diameter = 1486 mm
- Length = 5976 mm
- Mass = 3900 kg
For the high-altitude aircraft M-17 "Stratosphere" a single-shaft TRD RD36-51B was created - a modification of the RD36-51A engine with an unregulated nozzle and oxygen supply to the combustion chamber. The engine provides long-term operation at an altitude of 26,000 m at low flight speed (M = 0.6).
- P = 7000 kgf
- With beats. vsl. = 0,88 kg / kgf • h.
RD-36-51A / B are released in a small series (about 50 pieces).
- Type: Turbojet
- Dry weight:
- Compressor: Axial
- Maximum thrust: 24,000 kgf 235.4 or 246 kN (around 45,000 lbf) at takeoff and 5,400 kgf cruise
- Specific fuel consumption: 35 g/(kN·s)) 1.23 lb/(lbf·h)
- Power-to-weight ratio:
- PSC «Tupolev» - TU-144 Archived 2008-09-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Tupolev Tu-144, Gordon, Komissarov and Rigmant 2015,Schiffer Publishing Ltd., ISBN 978-0-7643-4894-5, p.248
- “Engine” No. 4/2007 // Alexander Nikolaev “We take off vertically!”
- “Wings of the Motherland” No. 9/2001 // Vyacheslav Zayarin, Konstantin Udalov “The Concept of the Universal Vertical
- "Aviation and Cosmonautics" No. 9-10 / 2001 // V. Rigmant "Long-range supersonic anti-aircraft fighters Tupolev interceptors "
- ISBN 978-0-7643-4894-5
|This aircraft engine article is missing some (or all) of its specifications. If you have a source, you can help Wikipedia by adding them.|