Kormoran 2-class minehunter
|Builders:||Remontowa Shipbuilding SA|
|Length:||58.5 m (192 ft) |
|Beam:||10.3 m (34 ft)|
|Draft:||2.7 m (8.9 ft)|
|Armament:||Oerlikon KDA 35mm anti-aircraft gun, Grom AA missile system|
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kormoran II (Cormorant Class) - officially project 258, mine hunting type of vessels in building for the Polish Navy. The 2011 Defense Budget included a single vessel of this class. It was launched on 4 September 2015 and was predicted to enter service late 2016. Two more ships have been planned. Ships are built by Remontowa Shipbuilding Gdańsk and Naval Shipyard Gdynia consortium. It will be armed with 35 mm KDA anti-aircraft cannon. A lead ship ORP Kormoran (601) was commissioned on 28 November 2017. In summer 2018 building of a second ship of this project - named ORP Albatros (602) - was initiated. Albatros was launched on 10 October 2019 and construction of third ship, ORP Mewa, also started on that day.
- Altair: RAPORT BME DAILY 1 p. 12-15. (pl/en)
- Altair: Konsorcjum budowy Kormorana 2. (pl)
- Altair: Armata dla Kormorana 2. (pl)
- "Niszczyciel min projektu 258 Kormoran II - DziennikZbrojny.pl". DziennikZbrojny.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Polish MCM vessels under construction - NWI - Naval Warfare - Shephard Media". www.shephardmedia.com. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Poland launches second Kormoran II-class MCMV". janes.com.
|This article about a specific naval ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|