Kumegawa Station north entrance, May 2012
|Location||2-3-1 Sakai-cho, Higashimurayama-shi, Tokyo
|Operated by||Seibu Railway|
|Line(s)||Seibu Shinjuku Line|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Passengers (FY2014)||31,761 daily|
Kumegawa Station is served by the 47.5 km Seibu Shinjuku Line from Seibu-Shinjuku in Tokyo to Hon-Kawagoe in Saitama Prefecture. From Kumegawa, it takes 28–40 minutes to travel the 24.6 km to the Seibu-Shinjuku terminus in central Tokyo. All services on the Seibu Shinjuku line stop at Kumegawa, with the exception of the Koedo Limited Express.
The tracks at Kumegawa run east to west and there two opposed side platforms, serving two tracks, connected by a footbridge.
|1||■ Seibu Shinjuku Line||for Tokorozawa, Hon-Kawagoe and Haijima|
|2||■ Seibu Shinjuku Line||for Tanashi, Takadanobaba, and Seibu Shinjuku|
|Seibu Shinjuku Line|
|Limited Express: Does not stop at this station|
|Commuter Express: Does not stop at this station|
The station opened on 16 April 1927.
Station numbering was introduced on all Seibu Railway lines during fiscal 2012, with Kumegawa Station becoming "SS20".
In fiscal 2014, the station was the 30th busiest on the Seibu network with an average of 31,761 passengers daily.
The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
Bus stops are located at the south exit to the station, along with numerous restaurants and a Seiyu department store. The north side of the station is currently under redevelopment and is due to be officially opened in March 2009, although part of this, a new underground cycle park, previously opened on 1 June 2009.
- Timetable information
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 227. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 西武線全駅で駅ナンバリングを導入します [Station numbering to be introduced at all Seibu stations] (pdf). News Release (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. 23 February 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- 駅別乗降人員 2014（平成26）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2014)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- 駅別乗降人員 2010（平成22）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- 駅別乗降人員 2011（平成23）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2011)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- 駅別乗降人員 2013（平成25）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2013)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Higashimurayama City Council
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kumegawa Station.|
- Kumegawa Station information (Japanese)