|Died||June 23, 2013(aged 86)|
|Education||University of Freiburg,|
|Alma mater||University of Freiburg|
University of Stuttgart
|Thesis||Zur Axiomatik einer topologischen Begründung der Geometrie der Ebene und des Raums (1951)|
|Doctoral advisor||Emanuel Sperner|
In 1944, while still in high school Leichtweiß traveled to the Mathematical Research Institute of Oberwolfach where his mathematical interests were encouraged. He studied at the University of Freiburg and the ETH Zurich. He was a student of Emanuel Sperner and Wilhelm Süss. He was then a lecturer in Freiburg and in 1963 became a professor at TU Berlin. From 1970 until his retirement in 1995, he was a professor at the University of Stuttgart.
- (with Wilhelm Blaschke), Elementary Differential Geometry, Springer, 1973.
- Affine geometry of convex bodies, Wiley, 1998.
- Convex Geometry, Springer, 1980.
- Analytic Geometry, First Course, Teubner, 1972.
- "obituary" (in German). Stuttgarter Zeitung. June 29, 2013. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- A. Jackson, Oberwolfach, Yesterday and Today, AMS Notices, Volume 47 (2000), Number 7, 758-765.
- Hermann Hähl, Eberhard Teufel (2007-06-30). "Kurt Leichtweiß 80" (in German). University of Stuttgart. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Prof. Dr. Kurt Leichtweiss, contact page.