Kurt Wagner (musician)
|Born||1958 (age 57–58)|
|Associated acts||Lambchop, Kort, HeCTA|
Kurt Wagner (born 1958) is an American musician, and the singer and songwriter of the Nashville-based alternative country band Lambchop. In 2015 he launched an electronic music project named HeCTA.
He is married to Mary Mancini who is running in the Democratic primary against Jeff Yarbro for Senate District 21, which includes much of West Nashville. "I tell everybody, if you want to run for office some day and have an incredible fundraising event, marry a musician about 15-20 years before you declare your candidacy," Mancini said in a press release.
- Something Missing, A Conversation Between The Altered Statesman And Kurt Wagner (self-released 2012) - vinyl and digital distribution
- Kurt (self-released 2007) - tour only cd from European solo tour
- Various artists, Songs for the Young at Heart (V2 2007) - contributed Inchworm
- Various artists, MAVIS presented by Ashley Beedle & Darren Morris (!K7 2010) - contributed Gangs of Rome
- HeCTA, The Diet (Merge Records 2015)
- Kort, Invariable Heartache (City Slang 2010) with Cortney Tidwell
- Morcheeba, Charango (Sire 2002) - What New York Couples Fight About
- The Band of Blacky Ranchette – Still Lookin' Good to Me (Thrill Jockey 2003)
- X-Press 2, Give It (Skint Records 2005)
- According to The Independent: "It was in 1960, when Wagner was two, that he was taken by his liberal, Northern parents to Nashville, deep in the South" 
- "Lambchop's Kurt Wagner launches electronic music project HeCTA, shares "Til' Someone Gets Hurt"". Pitchfork.com. Retrieved 13 Sep 2015.
- Mary, Mancini. http://www.maryforsenate.com/2014/06/24/nixon-for-mancini/. Missing or empty
|This article on a singer-songwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|