||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Total||12.5 km2 (4.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||865 m (2,838 ft)|
|• Density||5,236.48/km2 (13,562.4/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kurburu is located at  It has an average elevation of 865 metres (2837 feet). It is a village, a Mandal Panchayat and part of the Chinthamani Taluk in the Chikkaballapura district. It became a part of the Chikkaballapur district in 2007 when the Kolar district was divided. Kurburu is located on the Chintamani- Kolar Road about 10 km from Chintamani. Kurburu is surrounded by hills..
The economy is mostly agricultural, producing tomatoes, mangoes, silk, and milk. Kurburu's tomato market is one of the biggest in Karnataka. The Sericulture College[clarification needed] of Karnataka is located in Kurburu.
- Navodaya Vidya Samasthe, Kurburu Village Chintamani Taluk
- Nanjamma Teachers Training Institute, Kurburu Village Chintamani Taluk
- Sericulture College,Govt of Karnataka, Kurburu Farm
As of 2001[update] India census, Kurburu had a population of 10,456. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Kurburu has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 73% and female literacy of 60%. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. It is about 80 km to the new Bangalore International airport.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Chintamani
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Chikkaballapur district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|