L'enfant penchée (literally, The Leaning Child) is a graphic novel by Belgian comic artists François Schuiten and Benoît Peeters, the sixth volume of their ongoing Les Cités Obscures series. It was first published in serialized form in the Franco-Belgian comics magazine À Suivre (#193-212), and as a complete French volume first in 1996 by Casterman.
Although subsequently also published in at least Dutch and German, for many years, L'enfant penchée remained unpublished in English. However in March 2014 Alaxis Press published the official English translation under the title The Leaning Girl.
L'enfant penchée was originally based on the short illustrated children's book Mary la penchée (1995) by Schuiten & Peeters. With L'enfant penchée, they majorly elaborated on the same story.
Differences between editions
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2009)|
- L'enfant penchée, 1996, Casterman
- L'enfant penchée, 2007, Casterman
- The Leaning Child, English translation of L'enfant penchée (.txt file), translated by NBM Publishing translator Joe Johnson, authorized by Casterman (right-click on link to save)
- L'enfant penchée, a few annoted pictures from the album (French)
- Series overview on A comprehensive review of the Obscure Cities series for English-speaking fans
- Les Cités Obscures by Juliani Darius on The Continuity Pages
|This Franco-Belgian comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|