|Industry||Library Services, Library & Research Staffing, Information & Asset Management, Consulting & Project Management|
|Founded||Beverly Hills, California, U.S. (1986)|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
Number of locations
|3 offices (2008)|
|Deb Schwarz (Founder, CEO)|
Number of employees
LAC Group, formerly known as Library Associates Companies (LAC), is a library services vendor, providing staffing, recruiting, consulting, and other services, to academic, public, special, medical, and law libraries.
By 1989, it was offering technical services and serving other academic and other special libraries. In 1999, Library Associates caused a stir in library circles and gained national attention when they were selected by Pillsbury Madison & Sutro LLP to manage their library operations.
The company continued its expansion into different markets with its acquisition of Medical Library Consultants (MLC) from Betsey Beamish in 2001 and of Sanad Support Technologies from Jodi and Fuad Suleiman in 2003. With the acquisition of Sanad, Library Associates consisted of two divisions, Library Associates and Library Associates of Maryland. In 2007, the divisions were integrated and the company name was changed to Library Associates Companies.
LAC Group's service lines of business include: Consulting & Project Management, Information & Asset Management, Library Staffing & Research Services, Legal Staffing, Managed Services, and Recruiting.
- Features - Outsourcing in Law Firm Libraries | LLRX.com Archived 2008-05-17 at the Wayback Machine
- "Shelf wealth: Deborah Schwarz started her career as a librarian without enough work to fill the day; now she's expanding her outsourcing service". Los Angeles Business Journal. Archived from the original on 2005-05-20.
- CCQ Vol. 23, Nr. 2 Cataloging News Cataloging News
- Features - Outsourcing a Private Law Library: In Defense of the Pillsbury, Madison & Sutro Decision | LLRX.com Archived 2008-10-15 at the Wayback Machine
- sla || pnw || interface || fall 2003 || news Archived 2011-07-22 at the Wayback Machine
- "Library Associates acquires library staffing and support services business from Sanad Support Technologies, Inc" (Press release). 2003-10-01. Archived from the original on 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- Darmiento,Laurence (2004-08-16). "Shelf Wealth". Los Angeles Business Journal. Archived from the original on
|archive-date=(help). Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- Ebbinghouse, Carol (April 2002). "Library Outsourcing". Searcher. Infotoday. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- Hammond, Janice (1999-05-16). "Outsourcing a Private Law Library: In Defense of the Pillsbury, Madison & Sutro Decision". LLRX.com. Archived from the original on 2008-10-15. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- Pergament, Rachel (1999-04-01). "Outsourcing in Law Firm Libraries". LLRX.com. Archived from the original on 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- Southern California Online Users Group (1996). "Outsourcing Cataloging". Cataloging and Classification Quarterly. Haworth Press. Retrieved 2008-02-01.