LED film, also called LED-embedded light film is a new technology of surface-mount light-emitting diodes (LEDs) on flexible transparent conductive polymer films. This technology is based on the use of a cold curing pick-and-place process on transparent conductive plastics.
Products such as LED-embedded glass and LED headliner are possible with this technology. Companies like Glassdecor realized projects with LED films for LED glass tables and big LED logos containing more than 600 LEDs. The LED film technology is usually used for glass products that have to be laminated for safety reasons, like laminated LED glass tables and LED glass logo doors. A similar technology uses conductive coating on glass, e.g., powerglass®. Glass with embedded LEDs is even also used for media façades. Balustrades have been realized in the airport of Dubai with powerglass.
- "Businessweek - Bloomberg".
- "Download Article: D. Shavit, Transparent Electronic Interlayers, Proceedings of GPD Glass Performance Days, June 2009, pp. 177–180" (PDF).
- "Download article: D. Shavit; Developments of LEDs and SMD Electronics on transparent conductive polyesterfilms, Vacuum International 1/2007, Page 34-36" (PDF).
- "Miroiterie d'art, Fabrication Pose Vitrage Garde-corps feuilleté Sablage, Gravure sur verre". Archived from the original on 2012-12-01.
- Miroiterievideo (19 December 2011). "Verre feuilleté avec incorporation de leds lumineuses - Miroiterie Righetti" – via YouTube.
- "powerglass - technology".
- "Artikel of Baunetzwissen about realised Media Facade of Subaru Building". Archived from the original on 2012-08-11.
- "Peter Platz Spezialglas GmbH - Project - powerglass® balustrades / Dubai Airport".
|This glass-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|