The system is able to counter most known threats against armoured vehicles with soft and hard kill methods.
LEDS-150 consists of laser warning sensors, an ADC-150 Active Defence Controller, a number of MCTS Munition Confirmation and Tracking Sensors, and High Speed Directed Launchers, HSDL, which allows the combination of soft- and hard-kill countermeasure deployment capability to the platform, optional displays, and interconnecting harnesses.
This system uses the Denel Dynamics Mongoose-1 missile to destroy the incoming threat in 5 to 15 meters distance from the protected vehicle. LEDS-150 covers all 360 degrees azimuth; its elevation coverage is from -15 to +65 degrees.
- SAAB Avitronics - LEDS-150 brochure (PDF)
- Saabgroup.com - Press release: Saab Avitronics joint venture
- DefenceWeb - Saab markets local vehicle defence tech
- Denel Dynamics Mongoose brochure (PDF)
- Janes.com - Saab Avitronics Land Electronic Defence System (LEDS) (South Africa), Active protection systems
- Defense Update - Active Protection Systems Are Maturing
- DefenceWeb - R29m more for SA rocket killer
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|