|Headquarters||San Jose, United States|
Number of locations
|Dan Connolly, President|
Number of employees
LEVEL Studios, is an integrated digital agency within the Publicis Groupe network. Headquartered in San Jose, California, the company has additional offices in San Francisco and San Luis Obispo. The company delivers integrated marketing and product development for global brands.
LEVEL was founded in 1995 as Web Associates (WA) by Dave Dahl and Mark Tuttle, with offices in Santa Barbara, California, which relocated to San Luis Obispo, California in 1998. Web Associates had success by providing both technical development and interface design. Web Associates was the first external web agency in both Hewlett-Packard (1996) and Apple Inc. (1997) resulting in multi-year relationship with both companies. In 1996, Lucent Technologies (spun out of AT&T) had WA do their first corporate website and an online CMS (1997) for all domestic and international sales offices.
Tom Adamski led the agency as CEO from 2002 until 2012. With an increased demand from Silicon Valley clients, the agency opened a second office in San Jose in 2007. In 2008, as part of a repositioning strategy to better communicate the company’s status as an independent, full-service digital agency, Web Associates rebranded as LEVEL Studios (LEVEL). On November 20th, 2014 Daniel Connolly was named the new CEO.
Publicis Groupe re-launched the LEVEL Studios brand in 2013, as a client delivery model and structure. In 2014, Dan Connolly, who had been previously serving as partner, was appointed President of LEVEL Studios, a new position. Under Connolly, the agency nearly doubled its client base.
- Oster, Erik (November 20, 2014). "Publicis Groupe’s Level Studios Has a New CEO". Adweek.
- "Digital Agency Rosetta Bulks Up, Acquires Mobile Firm Level Studios". Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Publicis Groupe: Acquisition of Rosetta Closed[dead link]
- Larissa, Faw. "Publicis Groupe Restructures Level Studios; Appoints Dan Connolly As President". MediaPost. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Dan Connolly Promoted to President of LEVEL Studios". PR Newswire. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Studios, LEVEL. "LEVEL Studios Strengthens Executive Leadership Team With Industry Veteran Michael Phillips". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-05-31.