Type of site
|Available in||Traditional Chinese|
|Area served||Hong Kong|
|Alexa rank||17 (Hong Kong, July 2019)|
LIHKG Forum (known as 連登) is a multi-category forum website based in Hong Kong. The website has gained popularity since the launch in 2016, and is often referred as the Hong Kong version of Reddit.
Registration of membership is restricted to persons with a Hong Kong ISP or an institution of higher education located in Hong Kong. Registered members may create threads on the site, while uploading contents such as text posts, hyperlinks or images. The posts then receive replies and may be voted up or down by other members. Posts are separated into various categories and are then grouped together in the "Chat" category.
Threads with more up-votes and replies appear towards the top of topic sections and, if they receive sufficient votes and replies, ultimately on the site's "Popular" section.
- LIHKG can be viewed without an account but registration is required to submit, comment or vote.
- Otsuka, Hana. "Hong Kong university teaching assistant gets suspended after threatening to fail student protestors". The Independent Singapore. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- "Despite Political Party Ban, Hong Kong Independence Groups Persist". Voice of America. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- "Hong Kong protests: How the city's Reddit-like forum LIHKG has become the leading platform for organising demonstrations". TODAYonline.
- Su, Alice. "A new kind of Hong Kong activism emerges as protesters mobilize without any leaders". latimes.com. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- "'Hong Kong Reddit': how social media shaped extradition protests". South China Morning Post. 29 June 2019.
- "高登仔另起爐灶 傳「方丈」被炒 林祖舜：我屹立不倒！". Apple Daily 蘋果日報. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- "What is LIHKG and how did it become go-to forum for Hong Kong's protesters?". South China Morning Post. 3 August 2019.
- "【反方丈霸權】高登仔棄高登！另起爐灶LIHKG 登下載榜首". Apple Daily 蘋果日報. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- Official website (in Chinese)
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|