|C. George Cutler =
C. Mary Rose × C. Manila
as Lc. George Cutler
hort. ex Rolfe, 1887
Due to the recent decision by the RHS (the international orchid registration authority) to recognize the reduction of the Brazilian Laelia species and the entire genus Sophronitis to synonymy under Cattleya, many hybrids which have previously been described as Laeliocattleya hybrids are now classified as Cattleya hybrids. (e.g. C. George Cutler)
List of grexes
- Laeliocattleya (syn. Cattleya) Anna Ingham - Has flowers that range from dark reddish purple to deep mauve. The lip is darker colored and the lip is veined with gold. They can bear up to five flowers, each 6 to 7 inches wide.
- Laeliocattleya (syn. Cattleya) Derna - Has flowers that are yellow. The lip is purple and is streaked with gold. The can bear up to six flowers, each 5 inches wide.
- Laeliocattleya (syn. Cattleya) Dorset Gold - Has flowers with yellow petals edged with crimson. The lip is ruffled and is red-purple, with gold streaks along the throat.
- Laeliocattleya Puppy Love - Has soft shell pink flowers. This is a true Laeliocattleya unlike others above, according to The International Orchid Register.
- Editors of Reader's Digest (1979). Success with House Plants. Pleasantville, New York/Montreal: The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. p. 255. ISBN 0-89577-052-0.
|This Epidendreae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|