Laila Ahmed Elwi
(m. 2007; div. 2015)
Laila Ahmed Eloui (born January 4, 1962, in Cairo), sometimes credited as Laila Eloui, Laila Olwy, Laila Elwi, and Laila Elwy (Arabic: ليلى علوي), is an Egyptian actress. She has starred in more than 70 movies and has been honored at Egyptian and international festivals with awards for most of her roles. She has also been the head – or member – of several jury committees for local and international festivals. Recently, she has received an award for her lifetime achievements along with Egyptian actress Safia El Emari, South Korean actress Yoon Jeong-hee, American actor Richard Gere, and French actress Juliette Binoche during the opening of the 34th Cairo International Film Festival.
Eloui was born in Cairo, Egypt, her father Ahmad Eloui is an Egyptian, while her mother Stella is Greek from Icaria. Eloui's maternal grandmother was of Italian descent, she came to Egypt to work at the Marriott Mena House Hotel.
Laila started her career at a young age. When she was a seven-year-old, she participated in radio and television programs, and at the age of fifteen she appeared onstage for the first time in Taman Sittat (8 Women), a play by Galal El Sharkawy.
- Min Agl Al-Haya (1977).
- Kharag wa Lam Ya'oud (1985).
- Ayam Al-Tahadi (1985).
- Gababerat Al-Mena (1985).
- Hekaya fi Kelmeteen (1985).
- Al-Nesaa (1985).
- Zawg Taht Eltalab (1985).
- Wa Tadhak Al-Akdar (1985).
- Al-Harafesh (1986).
- Al-Onsa (1986).
- Ah ya Balad (1986).
- Taht Al-Tahdeed (1986).
- Azraa wa Thalath Regal (1986).
- Asr Al-Ze'ab (1986).
- Ya Azizi Kolona Losous.
- Samaa Hoss.
- Ya Mehalabeya Ya.
- Ay Ay.
- Enzar Belta'a.
- Kalil Men Al Hob Katheer Men Al Onf.
- Al Ragol Al Talet.
- Esharet Morour.
- Ya Donya Ya Gharami.
- Edhak Al Soura Tetla Helwa.
- Al-Massir (1997).
- Hala'a Housh (1997).
- Our Blessed Aunt (1998)
- Hob Al-Banat (2003).
- Baheb Al-Cima halif bro as Laila Eloui (2005).
- Alwan elsama elsabaah (2008).
- Laylat Al Baby Doll (2008).
- Hakayat Bin Ash-ha (2009).
- El Basabees We El 3osyan describing the story of a girl who became psychotic after her brother took her toka
- Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces (2016)
- "Lahazat Harega" "Critical moments" (2007)
- Shams (2014)
- Napoleon Wal Mahrousa (2012)
- Wa Kan Wahman (TV short) 1984
- ^ "Elwy, family in Alexandria International Film Festival". Al-Masry Al-Youm. September 23, 2010.
- ^ "Laila Elwi fails to hide marriage". Archived from the original on 2012-11-05.
- ^ "CIFF to Honor Elwi, El-Emari and Marzouq". CIFF Official Website. October 29, 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-11-07.
- ^ "Elwi is honored in Cairo Film festival". Al-Masry Al-Youm. November 30, 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-05-25. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- ^ "Gere, Binoche honored at CIFF opening". Daily News Egypt. November 30, 2010. Archived from the original on December 10, 2010. Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- ^ "The 34th Cairo International Film Festival". Al-Masry Al-Youm. November 30, 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-12-22. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- ^ "أبرز 14 معلومة عن "ستيلا" والدة ليلى علوي اليونانية". e3lam.org (in Arabic). 25 August 2017. Archived from the original on 2018-06-21.
- ^ محمد, صاوي، (1995). ليلى علوي: بين البؤساء والهجامة في السينما المصرية (in Arabic). دار الراتب الجامعية،.
- ^ "ليلى علوى: "نابليون والمحروسة" يرصد كفاح المصريين ولا يوثق حملة بونابرت | المصري اليوم". Archived from the original on 2018-04-19.