Larry Greenfield was born January 29, 1962 in Long Beach, California and is a public intellectual, political commentator, wealth advisor, and columnist. He is Fellow in American Studies at the Claremont Institute in Claremont, California and the Founding Executive Director of the Reagan Legacy Foundation. With a background in business, law, the military, politics, and policy. Greenfield lectures widely on such topics as American foreign policy, missile defense, and the Arab-Israeli conflict as well as domestic political issues. Larry Greenfield is a longtime Republican Jewish activist. On February 9, 2012 he was named National Executive Director of the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs in Washington. In 2013, Greenfield returned to California to manage the Los Angeles office of Arete Wealth Management.
Greenfield graduated from the University of California at Berkeley (1983) in three years as Class Speaker and earned his law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C. (1986). He is a Fellow of the Wexner Foundation, the Tikvah Advanced Institutes, and is a former Lincoln Fellow at the Claremont Institute.
Admitted to the California bar in 1987, Greenfield worked in law and business in Los Angeles, CA. He also served in the Armed Forces of the United States in Naval Intelligence Reserves. He was California Director of the Republican Jewish Coalition (2004–2008) and was a member of the Executive Committee of the California Republican Party.
Greenfield is currently Fellow in American Studies at the Claremont Institute. He was the Founding Executive Director of the Reagan Legacy Foundation, a non-profit educational foundation promoting the life, legacy, and leadership of former President Ronald Reagan.
Greenfield is a frequent lecturer and debater on foreign policy issues, including the Middle East conflict and the West's response to the rise of radical Islam. He also addresses such domestic issues as energy, economy, education, and mass culture. Greenfield delivers some 100 lectures annually to civic, student, conference and political groups.
Greenfield comments frequently in the media, including regular appearances on such popular radio stations as San Francisco's KSFO, San Diego's KCBQ, Palm Springs' KNWZ, and Los Angeles' KKLA. At The Claremont Institute, he produced a weekly podcast, BEDROCK with Larry Greenfield.
Greenfield has been called a dynamic, positive leader for conservative ideas. He seeks to unite conservatives with political independents. He aligns himself with economic conservatives, the faith community, and U.S. national security advocates. Greenfield is a strong critic of the left for “opposing parents and students seeking school choice and competition, the elderly seeking health care choice, and younger workers and small businesses seeking entitlement reform and personal retirement savings plans."
Greenfield is a noted advocate for capital punishment under certain circumstances. He spoke out on national television against clemency for Stanley Tookie Williams, whom he claims did not admit nor repent for his murders nor for being a founder of the Crips supergang. Governor Schwarzenegger denied the appeal for clemency. Williams was executed.
- "A legacy of O — Jewish Journal". Jewish Journal. 2017-01-17. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- Daily, Investor's Business (2017-02-06). "A Fox Guarding The Southern Border". Investor's Business Daily. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- Claremont Institute - Staff and Fellows
- "Larry Greenfield tapped to lead JINSA" by Tom Tugend, Jewish Telegraphic Agency, February 9th, 2012.
- "JINSA Welcomes New Executive Director Larry Greenfield", Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs, February 9th, 2012.
- "The Claremont Institute | Recovering the American Idea | Conservative public policy think tank | Conservative Magazine | Conservative Journal". www.claremont.org. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- Fellow in American Studies at the Claremont Institute
- Ty Grrrr Express, Interview With Larry Greenfield
- American Thinker, Liberal Jews and the Legacy of Neoconservatism, By Larry Greenfield, September 04, 2012
- Pajamas Media, Close the Missile Defense Gap Now, by, Larry Greenfield, April 29, 2009
- Jewish Telegraphic Agency-JTA Reproduction, Op-Ed: Health care reform, yes. Big government, no, By Larry Greenfield · August 24, 2009
- Jewish Journal, Times Change, the Cause Remains, by Larry Greenfield, May 3, 2009
The Claremont Institute (http://www.claremont.org/scholars/scholarID.487/scholar.asp), with full archive.