|Member of Parliament|
20 April 2011 – 21 April 2015
|Member of City Council of Helsinki|
1 January 2009 – 31 May 2017
|Born||16 March 1982|
|Political party||National Coalition Party|
|Occupation||Executive at Mehiläinen Group|
He has been criticized for violating the dignity of Parliament by filing for mid-term resignation to accept a position as Deputy Mayor.
Lasse Männistö was a Member of Parliament from 2011 to 2015 representing the National Coalition Party and elected with 4,866 votes. Additionally, he served as a member of Helsinki City Council from 2009 to 2017. In May 2015, he joined the Finnish private hospital corporate group Mehiläinen as an executive in charge of outsourcing and public relations.
Männistö was criticized in 2014 for violating the dignity of Parliament by filing for resignation mid-term to accept a substitute position as Deputy Mayor of Helsinki. For example, political science professor Matti Wiberg commented that "members of Parliament are not supposed to crumble the dignity of Parliament by trying to quit mid-term with meager cause". Männistö withdrew his resignation a day after and later labeled it a mistake. Finnish politician Laura Räty would have succeeded him as replacement Member of Parliament.
- "Helsingin kokoomusjohtajalle kaksoisrooli – Lasse Männistö ulkoistuksista hyötyvän terveysbisneksen johtoon" [A double role for the Helsinki National Coalition Party leader – Lasse Männistö to join the leadership of a health business benefiting from outsourcing]. Helsingin Sanomat (in Finnish). 2015-04-23. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "Lasse Männistö". Parliament of Finland. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "Candidates elected Electoral district of Helsinki". tulospalvelu.vaalit.fi. Ministry of Justice. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Helsinki: Result per candidate". tulospalvelu.vaalit.fi. Ministry of Justice. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "Helsinki: Result per candidate". tulospalvelu.vaalit.fi. Ministry of Justice. 2013-06-14. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "Kommentti: Piiri pieni pyörii ja tuolit vain vaihtuvat – näin kokoomuslobbarit vuolevat hunajaa terveysfirmoille" [Comment: Insiders exchanging offices – this is how National Coalition Party lobbyists create profit for health businesses]. Ilta-Sanomat (in Finnish). 2017-10-24. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- Koskinen, Teppo (2014-09-05). "Professori: Kansanedustajat eivät saa murentaa eduskunnan arvovaltaa" [Professor: MPs must not crumble the dignity of Parliament]. ESS.fi (in Finnish). Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "Kokoomuksen Lasse Männistö jättää politiikan - "Oli virhe hakea apulaiskaupunginjohtajaksi"" [Lasse Männistö of the National Coalition Party will leave politics - "It was a mistake to apply for Deputy Mayor"]. Helsingin Sanomat (in Finnish). 2017-01-04. Retrieved 2017-11-05.