A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lauren Elaine at the 6th Annual Taste Awards
Lauren Elaine (born November 7, 1983) is an American fashion designer, actress, and model. As a designer, she has appeared as a featured guest on America's Next Top Model as well as Bravo's The Rachel Zoe Project. She is also the first designer to ever present a couture runway show at sea, hand-selected by Crystal Cruises. As an actress, she has appeared in Fox Searchlight's The Ringer (as "Brandi"); all of Dierks Bentley's #1 country music videos (as "Becky"), beginning with "What Was I Thinkin'"; Miramax's Sin City; and as a model in fashion campaigns for Chanel and Nordstrom.
Born in San Diego, Lauren Elaine (née Edleson) was discovered at a local mall at the age of 12. She was soon signed to California modeling agency LA Models, and began modeling for such clients as Chanel, Teen and Seventeen Magazines, and Nordstroms. She graduated in the top of her class from Poway High School in 2002, turning down opportunities to model abroad in order to attend the University of Texas at Austin, from which she graduated early in 2005. She is a member of Kappa Delta sorority.
Elaine's first big break in the entertainment industry arrived in 2003, when she was cast in the role of "Becky," the white tank-top-wearing beauty in Dierks Bentley's first video "What Was I Thinking." The video quickly went #1 on the CMT charts, and the song on Billboard charts, leading to three further appearances as Becky in successive videos. After this exposure, Elaine went on to land movie roles in Fox Searchlight's The Ringer, and Miramax's Sin City.
Upon relocating to Los Angeles, Elaine took the lead role in Blue Water Entertainment's Memphis Rising, scheduled for a 2012 release date. In October 2009, Elaine officially launched the "Lauren Elaine" brand at Los Angeles Fashion Week. The brand was well received at LA Fashion Week 2010, as was her SS2011 "Art of Fashion" presentation. In 2010, Elaine became the first designer to present a couture runway show at sea, chosen by Crystal Cruises above more established designers including Vera Wang and Michael Kors. In the following year, she headlined San Diego Women's Week and appeared with Tyra Banks and Nicki Minaj as a guest designer on America's Next Top Model: Allstars.
Lauren Elaine is currently filming the Model Mafia reality series. The program highlights her life as a fashion designer and her relationship with her models.
- "Designer Lauren Elaine at San Diego Women's Week". Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Americas Next Top Model and Lauren Elaine - Video Highlights". lauren-elainedesigns.com. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Vancouver Fashion Week with Designer Lauren Elaine". Assignment Fashion. 8 November 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Designer Lauren Elaine Sets Sail". LadyLux.com. April 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Crystal Cruises Presents Lauren Elaine". CrystalCruises.com. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Lauren Elaine Launches at SS2010". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "LA Fashion Week Fall 2010: Lauren Elaine Black Label". CA Apparel News. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Lauren Elaine's 'Art of Fashion'". ApparelNews.net. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Lauren Elaine unveils Fall Fashions at San Diego Women's Week". Signonsandiego.com. The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Bikini and Beauty Launches in 2010". HollywoodToday.net. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Americas Next Top Model and 'The Rachel Zoe Project' Featured Guest Lauren Elaine: Launches Summer 2013 'Laine by Lauren Elaine' Collection".
- "Lauren Elaine's Model Mafia". Headshot Magazine. Retrieved 28 December 2011.