Lauren Weinstein (technologist)
He became involved with those issues in the early 1970s at the first site on the ARPANET, which was located at UCLA. He was the co-founder of People For Internet Responsibility (PFIR) and the co-founder of URIICA — the Union for Representative International Internet Cooperation and Analysis.
Weinstein has been a columnist for Wired News and a commentator on NPR's (National Public Radio) "Morning Edition". He is also a frequent contributor to the "Inside Risks" column of the Communications of the ACM and an active blogger.
- Weinstein says his own name in this podcast from 2004.
- Time Inc (11 June 2013). "Google: We're No NSA Stooge and We'll Prove It if the Feds Let Us". TIME Media Kit. Time Inc. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Lauren Weinstein, People For Internet Responsibility.
- "Lauren Weinstein". Microsoft Academic Search. Microsoft. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Weinstein, Lauren. "Lauren Weinstein's blog". Vortex. Retrieved December 14, 2011. External link in
- Vortex home page
- Lauren Weinstein's Blog
- Lauren Weinstein on Twitter
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic
- Privacy Digest