Lauri Törhönen (born 16 August 1947 in Helsinki, Finland) is a Finnish film director. He has directed some 50 films including Tropic of Ice. He worked in Warren Beatty's Reds as the second assistant director: Finland (as Lauri Torhonen) and in Gorky Park by Michael Apted also as the second assistant director: Finland (as Lauri Torhonen).
Törhönen worked as professor of film art in University of Art and Design Helsinki.
- The Undressing (Riisuminen, 1986)
- Tropic of Ice (Tropic of Ice - Jään kääntöpiiri, 1987)
- Insiders (1989)
- Paradise America (Ameriikan raitti, 1990)
- Abandoned Houses, Empty Homes (Hylätyt talot, autiot pihat, 2000)
- The Border (Raja 1918, 2007)
- The Girls of April (Vares - Huhtikuun tytöt, 2011)
- Garter Snake (Vares - Sukkanauhakäärme, 2011)
- Vares - Uhkapelimerkki (2012)
- Tango of Darkness (Vares - Pimeyden tango, 2012)
- 2001 OCIC Award