|Government Lawngtlai College|
|Motto||Clarior e tenebris|
|27 teaching, 11 non-teaching|
|Location||Lawngtlai, Mizoram, India|
Government Lawngtlai College is the only institute of higher education in Lawngtlai district of Mizoram, northeast India. It was established by public demand in 1980 in Lawngtlai. It became a government college under the Government of Mizoram in 1988.
Government Lawngtlai College was established by the people of Lai Autonomous District Council in 1980. It was upgraded to deficit status on 1 July 1988. It was originally affiliated to the North Eastern Hill University, but the jurisdiction was transferred to Mizoram University, when the university was established in 2001. It is duly recognised by the University Grants Commission (India).
Government Lawngtlai College is located in the southern region of Mizoram, 300 km away from Aizawl, the capital city of the state. The college is ideally situated on a hillock within Lawngtlai town. It has an approach road of 700 m (approximately) branching off the main National Highway No. 54.
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Geography
- Department of Education
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Mizo
- MCTA (2012). "About Mizoram College Teachers' Association". mcta.org.in. Mizoram College Teachers' Association. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- MSACS (2010). "Mizoram State AIDS Control Society: RED RIBBON CLUB". mizoramsacs.nic.in. Mizoram State AIDS Control Society. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "PROFILE OF GOVT. LAWNGTLAI COLLEGE, LAWNGTLAI". Government Lawngtlai College, Government of Mizoram. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- Entrance Exams (2013). "Government Colleges in Lawngtlai District, Mizoram". Entrance Exams 2013 Education and Career in India. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lawngtlai College.|