LeCroy Corporation was founded in 1964 (as LeCroy Research Systems) by Walter Lecroy.
The company was privately held until its public offering in 1995.
In September 2004, LeCroy purchased Computer Access Technology Corporation (CATC).
In May 29, 2012, Teledyne Technologies Incorporated and LeCroy Corporation jointly announced that they had entered into a definitive agreement of the acquisition of LeCroy Corporation by Teledyne and the formation of Teledyne LeCroy as a wholly owned subsidiary.
- John G. Webster (ed.), Electrical Measurement, Signal Processing, and Displays, 2003, ISBN 0203009401, p.1-39: LeCroy Corporation listed in Table 1.3 "Major Suppliers of Oscilloscopes and their Web Addresses", accessed on Google Books 2015-09-01
- Teledyne LeCroy home page accessed 2015-09-01
- The LeCroy Story, teledynelecroy.com, accessed 2015-09-01
- LeCroy Corporation http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/LeCroy-Corporation-Company-History.html
- "LeCroy to acquire CATC for $85 million". EE Times. 2004-09-02. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "Teledyne Technologies to Acquire LeCroy Corporation". LeCroy Website. 2012-05-29. Retrieved 2012-06-18.