Le Quy Don Technical University
|Established||October 28, 1966|
|Campus||Cầu Giấy District, Hanoi|
Le Quy Don Technical University or Le Quy Don University of Science and Technology (Vietnamese: Đại học Kỹ thuật Lê Quý Đôn), founded 1966, is one of the national key universities in Vietnam that offers multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate training in engineering, technology and management. This university is also one of the largest technical universities in Vietnam.
- On August 8, 1966, the 146/CP decision of the Vietnamese government marked the establishment of the university as the Second Branch of the Polytechnic. It opened on October 28, 1966 and the first course of training officially commenced at the Second Branch by the representatives of the Ministry of Education and Training and the Ministry of National Defense;
- May 6, 1991 marked the 150/CT Decision of the Vietnamese government for the establishment of the Le Quy Don Technical University (LeTech);
- In 2007 there were 10000 undergraduate and graduate students. The faculty consisted of about 800 professors and lecturers, among them 237 holding Doctor of Science and Ph.D degrees;
- January 31, 2008: The University was recognized as a National Key University in Vietnam;
- Today (2016, over 20,000 undergraduates and over 2,000 graduates are learning at LeTech.
Role and Mission
- Providing a continuing source of workforce with highly qualified specialists and engineers in the field of science and technology for industrialization and modernization of the country.
- Being one of the national key universities in Vietnam, one of the national top universities of science and technology.
- Providing civilian engineers, Masters of Science and Doctors of Phylosophy
- Providing military engineers, Masters of Science, Doctors of Phylosophy and technical staff officers
- Conducting scientific research and transfering technology
- Educating foreign students
The degree programs include:
- Bachelor's degree: 45 programs
- Master's degree: 27 programs
- Doctoral degree: 20 programs
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Prevention of NBC
- Explosive Material Technology
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- Machine Engineering
- Forging Technology
- Material Technology
- Automotive Engineering
- Construction Machine Engineering
- Radar and Navigation
- Automation and Computing Technique,
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Control Systems
- Biomedical Engineering
- Defensive Engineering
- Airfield Engineering
- Road and Bridge Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic Technologies
- Electronic Design and System Integration
- Integrated Microcircuit Design specializing in Radar, Information
Main schools and faculties
- School of Physics and Chemical Engineering
- School of Information Technology and Communication
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Special Machine Engineering
- School of Vehicle Engineering
- School of Aerospace Technology
- School of Radio and Electronics Engineering
- School of Automation and Control Engineering
- School of Civil Engineering
- Facuty of Economics and Technical Management
- Facuty of Social and Human Sciences
- Facuty of Defence Education
- Facuty of Foreign Language
Main institutes and research centers
- Institute of Simulation Technology
- Institute of Techniques for Special Engineering
- Institute of System Integration
- Advanced Technology Center
- Center for Chemico-Physical Engineering
- Center for Computing
- Center for Mechanical Propulsion
- Center for Model Airplanes
- Center for Mechatronic Design
- Center for Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
- Center for Construction Consultancy
- Center for Applied Research and Quality Assessment of Construction Products
- Center for System Designing
- Center for Microcircuit Designing.
- Campus 1: 236 Hoang Quoc Viet Street, Bac Tu Liem District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Campus 2: Me Linh Street, Vinh Yen City, Vinh Phuc Province, Vietnam.
- Campus 3: 71 Cong Hoa Street, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Campus 4: Phuong Canh, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Campus 5: Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park, Hanoi, Vietnam
International cooperation and main partner
With the aim of becoming a research university, improving the quality in education and research, LQDTU pays high attention to development of international cooperation. International cooperation activities: Within the framework of international cooperation the University carries out the following activities:
- Exchange of students and teaching staff
- Exchange of information and experience
- Development of joint academic and research program
- Participation in scientific conferences, workshops, symposia
- Conducting joint research projects
Le Quy Don Technical University has set up cooperation in training and research with over 100 universities, research institutes and companies from nearly 30 countries in the world. The following are parts of this network:
- Japan: National Defense Academy of Japan, Osaka University, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, The University of Electro-Communications, JAIST, IHI AEROSPACE Co., Ltd., Institute of Space and Astronautical Science (ISAS), Tsukuba Space Center (JAXA)
- Republic of Korea: Changjing Company, Shinjeong Company, Kyung Hee University, Korea University.
- China: Tsinghua University, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Xidian University, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology,…
- Singapore: Nanyang Technological University, ST Electronic, Christie.
- Thailand: Asian Institute of Technology (AIT).
- Russia: Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Moscow State University of Civil Engineering, Moscow Automobile and Road Construction University “MADI”, Moscow State Mining University, Saint Petersburg State Electrotechnical University “LETI”, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology “MIPT”, Saint Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (ITMO University), Orenburg State Institute of Management, Moscow State Institute of Radio Engineering, Electronics and Automation - MIREA, Tomsk State University, Kazan National Research Technical University named after A.N.Tupolev - KAI (KNRTU-KAI).
- Ucraine: National Aerospace University “Kharkiv Aviation Institute”
- Czech Republic: University of Defence in Brno, VR Group, VOP-026 Šternberk, RETIA, Czech Technical University in Prague, Institute of Chemical Technology - Prague, ICZ a.s.
- Slovakia Republic: Kerametal, s.r.o., Virtual Reality Media, a.s. (VRM), ZTS-ŠPECIÁL, a.s Dubnica nad Vahom, Institute of Informatics/Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovak Technology University in Bratislava (STU), EVPÚ a.s. Electrotechnický Výskumný a Projectový Ústav Nová Dubnice, and Armed Forces Academy of General Milan Rastislav Štefánik, MAGIC Trading Corporation, a.s.
- Germany: Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science, Rheinmetall Defence, DAAD, The Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration IZM, GE Measurement & Control Phonix X-ray.
- France: VirtualSim, University of Cergy-Pontoise-UCP, University of Paris-Est Marne-La-Valles-UPEM.
- Australia: University of New South Wales at Australian Defence Force Academy (UNSW Canberra), University of Sydney, La Trobe University, University of Wollongong, University of Melbourne, University of Adelaide
- New Zealand: Victoria University of Wellington.
- USA: Lockheed Martin Group, Neany Company, GCC Technologies Company, John Deere Company, NI/AWR Company, Synopsys Company
- Austria: SBA Research GmbH, St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences.
- Poland: WB ELECTRONICS S.A.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Official website
- Lê Quý Đôn - Vietnamese scholar after whom the school is named
- Khoa công nghệ thông tin - đại học Kỹ thuật Lê Quý Đôn