Kemp has a background in emerging technologies, business, jewelry and insurance. She is the founder & CEO of Everledger, a company that uses blockchain to track the provenance of high-value assets. The goal of the platform is to help insurers, claimants and other stakeholders combat fraud and money laundering. In 2018, the company closed a $10.4 million Series A round which saw the company valued at over $50 million.
Kemp sits on boards for the IBM Blockchain Board of Advisors, the World Trade Board, and the World Economic Forum's blockchain council. Everledger has won awards including the Meffy Award 2015 for innovation in FinTech, BBVA Open Talent 2015, Fintech Finals Best in Show Award 2016 Hong Kong and was a nominee for The FT ArcelorMittal Boldness in Business Awards 2016.
Kemp also holds the position of Queensland Chief Entrepreneur within the Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur.
In 2016, Kemp was named in UK Business Insider’s 26 Coolest Women in UK Tech 2016 and Brummell Magazine’s Top 30 Female Innovators. She was elected as one of the Europe's and the World's Top 50 Women in Tech in 2018. She has also been named an IBM Champion in 2018. In that same year she also received a reward from the Advance Global Australian Award in the area of Technological Innovation.
Kemp has talked at events such as TedxBrussels. She has also been on multiple speaking platforms. In September 2018, she had the opportunity to discuss multiple environmental agendas with multiple panelist, including former Vice President Al Gore, at the WEF Impact Summit in New York.
- "Leanne Kemp". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- "Leanne Kemp". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- "Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur". Advance Queensland. 2018-06-08. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Leanne Kemp". Advance. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- "Leanne Kemp". TEDxBrussels. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- "Political Will and Collaboration Can Put Climate Change Solutions Within Reach". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 2019-02-25.