Lee Chatametikool (Thai: ลี ชาตะเมธีกุล) is a Thai film editor and sound editor. He is a frequent collaborator with Apichatpong Weerasethakul and other Thai independent directors, but has also worked on commercial films, including the hit Thai horror film, Shutter.
Lee studied filmmaking in the United States. He has been active since 1999, when he directed a short film, Miami Strips, Hollywood Dreams (Muang maya, krung tida). The film was the runner-up winner of the Rattana Pestonji Award for Best Thai Short Film at the 2000 Thai Short Film and Video Festival.
He has worked with Apichatpong Weerasethakul on four films: Blissfully Yours, Tropical Malady, Syndromes and a Century and Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives. At the inaugural Asian Film Awards in 2007 in Hong Kong, Lee won the Best Editor award for Syndromes and a Century.
In 2002, Lee founded his own post-production company, Houdini Studio.
- Miami Strips, Hollywood Dreams (Muang maya, krung tida, 1999)
- Concrete Clouds, ภวังค์รัก (2013)
As film editor
- Blissfully Yours (2002)
- One Night Husband (2003)
- Sayew (2003)
- Fake (2003)
- Tropical Malady (2004)
- Shutter (2004)
- Midnight My Love (2005)
- Ghost of Mae Nak (2005, contributing)
- The Elephant King (2006)
- Graceland (2006)
- Syndromes and a Century (2006)
- The Sperm (2007)
- Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010)
- Cemetery of Splendour (2015)
- Apprentice (2017)
- Manta Ray (2018 film)
As sound editor
As post-production supervisor
- Invisible Waves (2005)
- Houdini Studio, Lee Chatametikool's post-production company
- Lee Chatametikool on IMDb
- Lee Chatametikool interview at YouTube from the 2007 Sarajevo Film Festival
|This Thai biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|