Legend of Faerghail
|Legend of Faerghail|
Cover art for Legend of Faerghail
|Developer(s)||Electronic Design Hannover|
|Genre(s)||Role-playing video game|
Legend of Faerghail is set in a medieval fantasy world. The player first creates a character by selecting race and class. Characters have attributes (such as wisdom, strength and constitution), skills (such as pick-pocketing and various languages) and hit points.
The game is viewed from first-person perspective. The game world includes an overworld split by a mountain range, and eight dungeons.
It also offered the player the opportunity to continue their characters from previous games such as Phantasie I, III, The Bard's Tale and The Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight, although Faerghail does not take place in the same fictional world as these games.
Computer Gaming World described the game as "a Bard's Tale cousin with a horde of bells and whistles". The magazine praised the Amiga version's graphics and audio, but criticized the lengthy load times, poor play balance when starting with new characters, and errors in the translation. A later review was much more negative, describing the game as a "German import that should never have crossed the Atlantic" and criticizing the IBM PC version's graphics, documentation, and combat as "poor" and "absurd". Zzap! awarded an overall of 90%, highlighting game mechanics such as the language system, different ways of tackling locked doors, and wearing effects on weapons and armour. The game's presentation was also praised, with its atmospheric sound effects.
- Olafson, Peter (February 1991). "Ring Around Valhalla / Electronic Zoo's Legend of Faerghail". Computer Gaming World. p. 72. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- Scorpia (October 1991). "C*R*P*G*S / Computer Role-Playing Game Survey". Computer Gaming World. p. 16. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- "Legend of Faerghail review". Zzap! (68): 40. December 1990.
- Legend of Faerghail at MobyGames
- Legend of Faerghail can be played for free in the browser at the Internet Archive
|This article about a role-playing video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|