He was born in Eidsvoll. Throughout his academic career Johansen was employed at the University of Oslo. He was a member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. Johansen was a lifelong communist, a central board member of the Communist Party of Norway for twelve years, and was therefore never able to visit the United States, in spite of his many positions and contacts as a researcher.
- Munthe, Preben. "Leif Johansen". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- "Leif Johansen". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- About Leif Johansen, from the University of Oslo, Department of Economics
- A Multi-sectoral Study of Economic Growth (1960)
- Production Functions. An integration of Micro and Macro,
Short Run and Long Run Aspects, North-Holland Publ. Co., Amsterdam, 274 pp. (1972)
|This biographical article about a Norwegian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|