Leon's Frozen Custard
|Leon's Frozen Custard|
|Food type||Frozen custard|
Leon's Frozen Custard is a classic family-owned drive-in, specializing in frozen custard, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Opened in 1942, its current appearance as a "drive-in restaurant" comes from an early 1950s remodel. It is considered a landmark in the city of Milwaukee.
Leon's Frozen Custard claims to be the "Home of the World's Finest Frozen Custard," as noted boldly on its signage. Leon's offers the three "regular" flavors of vanilla and chocolate and butter pecan. Butter pecan was added on a regular basis because it was so popular. On weekends, Leon's adds a fourth flavor.
- "Frozen custard: Summer's hottest snack". CBS News. July 30, 2017. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- Company's website. Accessed 2016-05-19.
- Walker, Don. "Here's the scoop: Leon's Frozen Custard is alive and well". The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, November 23, 2012. Accessed May 19, 2016.
- Leon's Frozen Custard Official Website: "The building was later remodeled in the early '50s to as it is seen today. "
- Kindelsperger, Nick. "Standing Room Only: Leon's Frozen Custard Drive-In". Serious Eats. Accessed May 19, 2016.