|• Total||102.78 km2 (39.68 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.8/km2 (25/sq mi)|
|• Summer (DST)||(UTC+5)|
|Lernadzor at GEOnet Names Server|
The community of Lernadzor includes the villages of Lernadzor, Kavchut, Musallam, Nerkin Giratagh and Verin Giratagh. The National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia (ARMSTAT) reported the community's population was 1,011 in 2011, up from 547 in 2010, which was down from 634 at the 2001 census. The village's population was 866 at the 2011 census, up from 416 at the 2001 census.
In the 1970s, a Russian exploration team uncovered a mine containing in Lernadzor about 30,000 tons of uranium. In February 2008, a memorandum was signed between the ROA Ministry of Nature Protection and Rosatom, the Russian State Nuclear Energy Corporation, regarding the cooperative geological exploration, production and reprocessing in the Armenian uranium sector.
- "Syunik regional e-Governance System" (in Armenian). Syunik Province provincial government. Click on link entitled "Համայնքներ" (community) and search for the place by Armenian name.
- "Report of the Results of the 2011 Armenian Census" (PDF). National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia.
- "Marzes of the Republic of Armenia and Yerevan City in Figures, 2010" (PDF). National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia (ARMSTAT).
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia
- The Specter of Uranium Once Again Hangs Over Syunik, Hetq Online, November 10, 2008.
|This article about a location in Syunik Province, Armenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|