"Les Cactus" is the third single by French singer-songwriter Jacques Dutronc, released in 1967. It is the last from his self-titled debut album.
It reached number 4 in the French singles chart in March 1967, selling over 400,000 copies.
The song was referenced by French Prime Minister Georges Pompidou in the Assemblée Nationale to indicate his feelings towards his former Finance Minister, Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, who was a harsh critic of his successor Michel Debré: "As Jacques Dutronc says, there is a cactus here". The comment made front-page news.
A live cover of the song was released as a single by Vanessa Paradis in 1994.
The song was covered by The Last Shadow Puppets on their The Dream Synopsis EP.
Words by Jacques Lanzmann and music by Jacques Dutronc, except "La Compapade", words and music by Jacques Dutronc.
||"L'espace d'une fille"
- Jacques Dutronc : voice, guitar, persussion
- Hadi Kalafate : bass, percussion
- Alain Le Govic (alias Alain Chamfort) : piano, organ
- Jean-Pierre Alarcen : guitar
- Jacques Pasut : rhythm guitar
- Michel Pelay : drums
- ^ "Hits of the World". Billboard. 4 March 1967. p. 66.
- ^ a b Michel Leydier (2010). Jacques Dutronc: La Bio. Paris: Seuil, p. 117