Her first published book was Nihal della terra del vento (Nihal of the Wind land), published in 2004. This is the first book of a fantasy trilogy entitled Cronache del mondo emerso (Chronicles of the Emerged World). Later, she embarked on a second trilogy, Le guerre del mondo emerso (Wars of the Emerged World) and Le leggende del Mondo Emerso (Legends of the Emerged World). She sold about 900,000 copies in Italy, which currently makes her the best-selling Italian fantasy writer. Her works have been translated into other languages, including German, Lithuanian, French, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian.
Resident in Rome, Licia Troisi also works in astrophysics at the Italian Space Agency. She graduated in physics with a specialization in astrophysics at the University of Rome Tor Vergata. Troisi was married in April 2007 and in December 2009 her daughter Irene was born. 
- Cronache Del Mondo Emerso Chronicles Of The Emerged World: 3 Books
- Le Guerre Del Mondo Emerso Wars Of The Emerged World: 3 Books
- I Dannati Di Malva Edizioni Ambiente
- La Ragazza Drago The Dragon Girl: 5 Books
- Le Creature del Mondo Emerso The Creatures of the Emerged World: Spin-off
- Le Leggende del Mondo Emerso The Legends Of The Emerged World: 3 Books