Life Begins at 40 Million
|Life Begins at 40 Million|
|Studio album by|
|Released||August 29, 1995|
|The Bogmen chronology|
Life Begins at 40 Million is an album by The Bogmen. It was produced by Jerry Harrison. It was by far the more commercially successful of the two Bogmen albums. The album sold more than 50,000 copies.
AllMusic wrote that the album "lacks direction and any semblance of cohesiveness. Interesting it may be, but better than average it isn't." Timothy White, in Billboard, wrote: "There may be other 1995 debuts as fine as Life Begins at 40 Million, but few will be as free of formulas and, yes, uplifting."
All lyrics written by Bill Campion. All music composed by The Bogmen.
- The Big Burn
- What's Behind Your Coat?
- The Third Rail
- Dr. Jerome (Love Tub, Doctor)
- Piss Tongue
- Light a Candle for Me
- It's a Fast Horizon
- The Doubter's Glass
- Bonus Track 1
- Pareles, Jon (January 2, 1996). "POP REVIEW;Having Too Much Fun to Notice Lyrics" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Life Begins at 40 Million - The Bogmen | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic" – via www.allmusic.com.
- Blush, Steven (October 4, 2016). New York Rock: From the Rise of The Velvet Underground to the Fall of CBGB. St. Martin's Publishing Group. ISBN 9781250083623 – via Google Books.
- "Bogmen headed for Bangor> Band headlines 97X Fest".
- McKinley, Jesse (February 4, 2001). "Famous Long Ago" – via NYTimes.com.
- Inc, Nielsen Business Media (July 29, 1995). "Joyful Bedlam: 'Life' with Bogmen". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. – via Google Books.