Lighthouse Christian Academy (Bloomington, Indiana)
|Lighthouse Christian Academy|
1201 West That Road
Rep. Katherine Clark, D-Massachusetts, cited Lighthouse Christian Academy's enrollment brochure, which states that the private school can refuse admission or discontinue enrollment of a student living in a home environment that includes 'homosexual or bisexual activity' or 'practicing alternate gender identity'.
Parents are free to choose which school best comports with their religious convictions ... For a real choice and thus real liberty to exist, the government may not impose its own orthodoxy and homogenize all schools to conform to politically correct attitudes and ideologies.
The principal at Bloomington's Lighthouse Christian Academy was charged with a misdemeanor after an investigation alleging she failed to report an incident of sexual battery against a student by a fellow student during an overnight event at the school in February. The charges were later dismissed.
- List of high schools in Indiana
- Voucher School Providence Cristo Rey High School in Indiana Does Not Accept Special Needs Students
- "Here's What Betsy DeVos Said Wednesday On Capitol Hill". NPR.org. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- "The following are the criteria for admission:— LCA". mylca.info. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- email@example.com, Lauren Bavis 812-331-4376 |. "DeVos asked to address Lighthouse Christian Academy, federal funding in congressional hearing". HeraldTimesOnline. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Brittani Howell 812-331-4243 |. "Lighthouse Christian Academy responds to concerns over its admissions policy". HeraldTimesOnline. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- Kenney, Kara (2017-04-04). "CALL 6: Principal charged for failing to report abuse allegations". RTV6. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- Kenney, Kara (2017-10-10). "Charges to be dropped against principal accused of failing to report abuse allegations". RTV6. Retrieved 2018-10-11.
|This Indiana school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|