Lincoln High School (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)
|Lincoln High School|
Main entrance of Lincoln High School
|2900 S Cliff Ave
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57105
|School type||Public, Secondary|
|School district||Sioux Falls School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Brian Maher|
|Color(s)||Red, White, and Blue|
Lincoln High School Coordinates: is a high school in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Enrollment is currently at 1,966 students. Lincoln was included in the list of the top 1200 public schools in the US by Newsweek in their May 8, 2006 issue, ranking at 1,027.
JrROTC (Marine Corps)
Lincoln High Schools JrROTC program is affiliated with the United States Marine Corps and is involved in flag ceremonies for many of the Patriot's sporting events. They're also involved in the community hosting many ceremonies for the American Legion and VFW organizations in Sioux Falls. The JrROTC program also has an award winning drill team that competes all over the state of South Dakota and in the Midwest.
The 2015 Lincoln High School Patriot Marching Band consists of 250 members, composed of woodwinds, brass, color guard, front ensemble, and drumline. The band performs in regional field competitions and street competitions. The band has appeared in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California in 1992, 1998, 2005 and 2013. Sioux Falls Lincoln marched in the 1994, 2000, and 2009 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Bob Carlson, Director of the program for 14 years, retired in 2013. The program is now led by his son Dan Carlson, assisted by Sam Anderson as well as other staff and technicians. Lincoln earned a spot as a finalist at the Bands of America Super Regional in St. Louis, Missouri in 2015, performing their show "Gold Rush."
The Sioux Falls Lincoln High School DECA program consists of students pursuing a strong future in business and marketing. Lincoln DECA has always been the top performer at the South Dakota DECA State Career Development Conference. For the past four years, Lincoln DECA has sent the most DECA students from South Dakota to the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Louisville, KY, Orlando, FL, Salt Lake City, UT, and Anaheim, CA. This year, Lincoln DECA students competed at the state conference held in Downtown Sioux Falls for the chance to compete at this year's ICDC, which will be held in Atlanta, Georgia. For the past six years, the South Dakota DECA State President has resided from Lincoln. This past year Lincoln had the majority of student officers elected onto the State Action Team out of any School in South Dakota. The chapter is led by advisor Michael Jones. The 2013-2014 International President of DECA is a graduate of Lincoln High School, the first National Officer elected from South Dakota in the history of the 70-year-old organization 
In addition to the yearbook (known as Heritage), Lincoln High School has a monthly student newspaper, The Statesman. The Statesman won the National Scholastic Press Association's Pacemaker Award in 2007. The Statesman was a finalist for the award in 2005, and was again nominated in September 2013 for the award.
The LHS Student Council members are elected by the entire student body. Student Council organizes activities such as dances and fundraisers. Activities that the Social Committee helps organize are: Boo Bash, Open Mic Night, Leprechaun Slam-a-Thon, and numerous dances, such as the Homecoming Dance and Prom.
Competitive Speech Activities
The speech and debate program has had a long history at Lincoln High School. It has continued to be successful since it was established with the school in 1965. Lincoln's Debate and Oral Interp squads in recent years have been very successful. Annual Oral Interp teams average around 10 students. The debate team won the Bruno E. Jacob Award at the 2007 NFL Nationals Speech and Debate Tournament in Wichita, Kansas.
- Tennis: Freshman Girls, JV Girls, Varsity Girls, JV Boys, Varsity Boys
- Cross Country: JV Girls, JV Boys, Varsity Girls, Varsity Boys
- Football: Freshman Football, Sophomore Football, JV Football, Varsity Football
- Soccer: JV Boys, Varsity Boys, JV Girls, Varsity Girls
- Volleyball: Freshman Volleyball, Sophomore Volleyball, JV Volleyball, Varsity Volleyball
- Cheerleading: Sophomore Football/Girls Basketball, Sophomore Boys Basketball/Wrestling, Varsity Football, Varsity Wrestling, Varsity *Girls' Basketball, Varsity Boys' Basketball
- Dance: Patriettes
- Basketball: Freshman Boys, Sophomore Boys, JV Boys, Varsity Boys, Freshman Girls, Sophomore Girls, JV Girls, Varsity Girls
- Wrestling: JV, Varsity
- Baseball: Freshman/Sophomore, JV, Varsity
- Softball: JV, Varsity
- Swimming: SF Seals Swim Team, SF Snowfox Swim Team
- Golf: Freshman Boys, JV Boys, Varsity Boys, Freshman Girls, JV Girls, Varsity Girls
- Track: Boys, Girls
The school is serviced by Sioux Area Metro route 21, which is open to all fare-paying passengers Monday to Friday during the school year.
- "Superintendent of Schools". Sioux Falls School District. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- "Lincoln High School". Sioux Falls School District. 2011. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Sioux Falls Highschools Best In The Nation". KELO-TV. 2006-05-19. Archived from the original on 2006-06-21. Retrieved 2006-05-26.
- "Patriots Are Parade Bound". KELO-TV. 2007-04-19. Archived from the original on 2007-04-23. Retrieved 2007-04-19.
- "National Winners", The Rostrum, September 2007, Vol. 82 No.1 Pg. 31.