|Prime Minister of Benin|
18 June 2015 – 6 April 2016
|President||Thomas Boni Yayi|
|Preceded by||Pascal Koupaki (2013)|
|Succeeded by||Position abolished|
|Born||23 October 1953|
|Political party||Alliance Républicaine|
|Alma mater||École Normale Supérieure|
London School of Economics
Lionel Zinsou (born 23 October 1953) is a French–Beninese economist and investment banker who was Prime Minister of Benin from 2015 to 2016. Since June 2017, he has been the president of Terra Nova, a centre-left French think tank.
Early ife and education
On 18 June 2015, President Yayi Boni appointed Zinsou as Prime Minister of Benin, along with a 27-member government, and assigned him responsibility for economic development. The post of Prime Minister does not exist in the 1990 constitution, and for most of Yayi Boni's presidency—and most of the period since the constitution came into effect—no one held the post. Zinsou's appointment came less than 10 months before the end of the President's second term, and as the latter is barred from seeking re-election, some viewed the appointment as possibly being a signal that Zinsou was his chosen successor.
Zinsou announced on 1 December 2015 that he would stand as the candidate of the Cowry Forces for an Emerging Benin in the 2016 presidential election. He said that he would focus on financing agriculture and helping informal workers obtain formal employment.
- Danone, Member of the Board of Directors
- Atos, Member of the Board of Directors (2010-2014)
- Chr. Hansen, Member of the Board of Directors (2009-2011)
- Kaufman & Broad S.A., Member of the Board of Directors (2009-2015)
- Edmond D'Almeida, "Bénin : cinq choses à savoir sur Lionel Zinsou, le nouveau Premier ministre", Jeune Afrique, 19 June 2015 (in French).
- Philippe Dagen, "Benin blazes a trail for African modern art with opening of museum in Ouidah", The Guardian, 6 January 2014. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Bénin: Lionel Zinsou nommé Premier ministre", Radio France Internationale, 19 June 2015 (in French).
- "Benin PM Zinsou confirms to run for president in 2016 polls", Reuters, 2 December 2015.
- "Benin prime minister unhurt after helicopter crash", Agence France-Presse, 27 December 2015.
- "Le nouveau président de Terra Nova est un ancien banquier pro-Macron". Valeurs actuelles. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Board of Directors Danone.
Title last held byPascal Koupaki
| Prime Minister of Benin