Lipstick Killers – The Mercer Street Sessions 1972
|Lipstick Killers - The Mercer Street Sessions 1972|
|Compilation album by New York Dolls|
|Studio||Blue Rock Studios, Greenwich Village, New York City|
|New York Dolls chronology|
Lipstick Killers – The Mercer Street Sessions 1972 is a 1981 album of demos by the New York Dolls. The album's songs were later re-recorded for New York Dolls, except for "Don't Start Me Talking" and "Human Being" which were later re-recorded for Too Much Too Soon and "Don't Mess with Cupid", which was never re-recorded.
The producer of the Mercer Street Sessions, Marty Thau, was the person who discovered and managed the Dolls.
- "Bad Girl" (David Johansen, Johnny Thunders)
- "Looking for a Kiss" (Johansen, Thunders)
- "Don't Start Me Talking" (Sonny Boy Williamson II)
- "Don't Mess with Cupid" (Deanie Parker, Eddie Floyd, Steve Cropper)
- "Human Being" (Johansen, Thunders)
- "Personality Crisis" (Johansen, Thunders)
- "Pills" (Bo Diddley)
- "Jet Boy" (Johansen, Thunders)
- "Frankenstein" (Johansen, Sylvain Sylvain)
- New York Dolls
- David Johansen - vocals, harmonica
- Johnny Thunders - guitar, backing vocals
- Sylvain Sylvain - guitar
- Arthur "Killer" Kane - bass guitar
- Billy Murcia - drums
- Rabid, Jack. "Lipstick Killers (Mercer St. Sessions) – New York Dolls | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- Christgau, Robert. "Robert Christgau: CG: New York Dolls". robertchristgau.com. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
|This 1980s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|