This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lisa Hopp (born October 21, 1956) is a professor of nursing at Purdue University Calumet where she directs the Indiana Center for Evidence-Based Nursing Practice: A Collaborating Center of The Joanna Briggs Institute.
Hopp was born in Sioux City, Iowa but grew up in nearby Moville, Iowa. She graduated with a BA in French from Grinnell College in 1978, a BSN in Nursing from Rush University in 1979, a MS from the Clinical Nurse Specialist Program at University of Illinois at Chicago in 1988 and a Ph.D. in Nursing from University of Illinois at Chicago in 1992.
Hopp, a Purdue Calumet teacher of the year award winner, has adapted video, video conferencing, and distance learning technologies such as interactive learning objects and podcasting to her courses. She won a Purdue Curriculum Innovation grant on the uses of podcasting and has presented on evidence based practice, innovative teaching strategies, and technology integration at international and national conferences.
- 2012 Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- 2005 National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialist Susan B. Davidson Service Award
- 2002 Outstanding Teacher of the Year Purdue University Calumet
- 1984 American Nurses Association: Medical-Surgical Nurse of the Year
- Purdue Calumet Nursing faculty web page
- Hopp, Lisa (2006). "Talk to Me About Evidence-based Practice!". AACN Advanced Critical Care. 17 (3): 250–2. doi:10.1097/01256961-200607000-00004. PMID 16931920.
- Hopp, Lisa (2005). "Minding the Gap". Clinical Nurse Specialist. 19 (4): 190–2. doi:10.1097/00002800-200507000-00009. PMID 16027547.
- Hopp, Lisa Jo; Kim, Mi Ja; Larson, Janet L.; Sharp, John T. (1996). "Incremental Threshold Loading in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease". Nursing Research. 45 (4): 196–202. doi:10.1097/00006199-199607000-00002. PMID 8700652.
- Nursing management of adults with upper airway disorders (1994, 1997). In Beare, P. and Meyers, J. (eds.). Principles and Practice of Adult Health Nursing. Mosby: St. Louis.
- Smith, N. Z., Larson, J. L. & Hopp, L. J. (1993). Maximal inspiratory pressure: The effects of a brief warm-up. Rehabilitation Nursing Research, Spring, 3-9.
- Hopp, L. J. (1992). Incremental threshold loading in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Hopp, L. J. (1989). Viral Myocarditis: A case study. In Groer, M. W. & Shekleton, M. E. Basic Pathophysiology: A Holistic Approach. C.V. Mosby: St. Louis.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|