- For the fictional character on the TV Series, Sister, Sister, see Sister, Sister, (Section: Characters).
Landry grew up in Harvey, Louisiana. Her mother served in the U.S. Navy and was often stationed in other countries leaving Lisa and her little brother for months at a time to be raised by their father and grandparents. Landry is Cajun and dreamed of studying theater in New York and was so dedicated to getting into the American Musical and Dramatic Academy that she flew from NOLA to Atlanta to audition for their acting program.
After nine years of open mics, Lisa Landry starred in her own half-hour special Comedy Central Presents Lisa Landry Lisa taped her special while pregnant. For four years, Lisa Landry contributed jokes to Us Weekly for their Fashion Police. Landry has appeared on The Bob and Tom Show, the Todd and Tyler Radio Empire, and on The Uncle Nasty Show. She was a featured performer on Premium Blend, the Bonnie Hunt show, ComedydotTV, and the E! Channel. She was a commentator on CMT's 20 Greatest Redneck Moments and was featured as a stand-out in TV Guide. Lisa Landry was offered the first ever talent holding deal with Lifetime Television. She made her late night television debut on The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson. She self-produced her first comedy CD, "Put Your Keys in the Keybowl". It was chosen to be one of the Top Ten Best Comedy CDs by the comedy editors on iTunes and was also included that same year (2008) in the Top Ten Best by Punchline magazine. Her follow-up project is the DVD "Brazillionaire". Landry was a performer on the Brett Butler’s Southern Belles of Comedy DVD in 2012.
Landry met her husband in New York City, she currently lives in Los Angeles and performs all over the United States. Lisa Landry was raised as a Catholic and converted to Judaism, the religion of her husband, while she was pregnant with her son. Landry and her husband divorced in 2012.
- "Local & North Carolina state news from Raleigh, NC - NewsObserver.com". newsobserver.com. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Comedian Lisa Landry dishes on diets, divorce and dating don'ts". Fairbanks Daily News-Miner. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "STAND UP TUESDAYS: Lisa Landry - Under the Gun Review". Under the Gun Review. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Lisa Landry". TVGuide.com. Retrieved February 19, 2015.