List of Catholic dioceses in Hungary
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Roman Catholic Church in Hungary is composed of:
- A Latin hierarchy, comprising
- The overlapping proper province of the Hungarian Greek Catholic Church (Eastern Catholic sui iuris, Byzantine Rite in Hungarian)
There is also an Apostolic nunciature, the papal diplomatic representation in Hungary.
- 1 Current Latin Dioceses (Roman Rite)
- 2 Current Eastern Catholic dioceses
- 3 Defunct jurisdictions
- 4 Sources and external links
Current Latin Dioceses (Roman Rite)
Exempt Sui iuris Jurisdictions
directly subject to the Holy See
Ecclesiastical Province of Esztergom–Budapest
- Metropolitan Archdiocese of Esztergom–Budapest, primatial see of Hungary
Ecclesiastical Province of Eger
Ecclesiastical Province of Kalocsa–Kecskemét
Ecclesiastical Province of Veszprém
Current Eastern Catholic dioceses
Hungarian (Greek) Catholic province
- Metropolitan Hungarian Catholic Archeparchy of Hajdúdorog (Metropolitan see sui iuris, in chief of the entire Hungarian language Byzantine Rite church)
There is no titular see.
All former jurisdictions have a current successor.