This is a list of colleges and universities with NCAA-sanctioned fencing teams. Fencing is a coed sport, with teams having men's and women's squads, although some schools field only a women's team. Schools of every division compete together regularly. Most major conferences do not sponsor fencing, with the notable exceptions of the Ivy League, the Atlantic Coast Conference, and the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation. The Atlantic Coast Conference reinstated the sport beginning in 2014–15 after having previously sponsored it from 1971 through 1980, while the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation added the sport beginning in the 2021-22 season. Most other schools compete as independents.
Division I schools
- Atlantic Coast Conference
- Ivy League
- Mountain Pacific Sports Federation
- Cleveland State University
- University of Detroit Mercy
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (women only)
- Lafayette College
- Long Island University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Northwestern University (women only)
- Ohio State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Sacred Heart University
- St. John's University, New York
- Temple University (women only)
- Wagner College
Division II schools
Division III schools
- Brandeis University
- City College of New York (women only)
- Denison University (women only)
- Drew University
- Haverford College
- Hunter College
- Johns Hopkins University
- Lawrence University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- New York University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Tufts University (women only)
- Vassar College
- Wellesley College (women only)
- Wheaton College (beginning 2024-25 season) 
- Yeshiva University
- NCAA Fencing Championships
- Intercollegiate Fencing Association (IFA)
- National Intercollegiate Women's Fencing Association (NIWFA)
- United States Association of Collegiate Fencing Clubs (USACFC)
- United States Fencing Hall of Fame
- "Fencing Back In ACC Mix" (Press release). Atlantic Coast Conference. September 27, 2013. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- "Fencing Programs to Join Mountain Pacific Sports Federation".
- "NCAA Sports Sponsorship". Archived from the original on 2017-03-08. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- "LIU Announces Addition of Men's Fencing" (Press release). LIU Sharks. February 1, 2022. Retrieved February 1, 2022.
- "Wagner Adds Men's Fencing, Competitive Cheerleading As Varsity Sports" (Press release). Wagner College. July 12, 2022. Retrieved July 13, 2022.
- "Denison adds women's fencing as 24th varsity sport - Denison University Big Red". www.denisonbigred.com. Archived from the original on 2019-08-20.
- "USA Fencing Welcomes Wheaton College as the 45th School With NCAA Fencing Program". www.usafencing.com.com.