List of atheists (surnames H to K)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Name||Dates||Known as / for||Who||Reference|
|Hassan, KamalKamal Hassan||1954–||Actor, Director, Lyricist, Producer, screenwriter, playback singer,||Leading Tamil Film Actor|
|Harrison, GuyGuy Harrison||Author||“If a beautiful sunflower is somehow supposed to be evidence of the Christian god, then what is a parasitic worm that eats children’s eyeballs evidence of?” From the book, "50 Simple Questions for Every Christian"|
|Heard, AmberAmber Heard||1986–||Actress and model||At the age of 16, her best friend died in a car crash and Heard, who was raised Catholic, subsequently declared herself an atheist.|
|Hitchens, ChristopherChristopher Hitchens||1949–2011||Author/Activist|
|Holyoake, GeorgeGeorge Holyoake||1817–1906||English Secularist||Coined terms "Secularism" and "Jingoism"||Last person in England to be imprisoned for being an atheist |
|Hrab, GeorgeGeorge Hrab||1971–||Musician, podcaster||Independent recording artist, host of Geologic Podcast||"George Hrab is an atheist in the Christmas City, a performer more famous globally than in his hometown and his "day job" is drumming for a funk band." |
|Hyneman, JamieJamie Hyneman||1956–||Special-Effects Expert, Television Personality||Co-star of the Discovery's Mythbusters||"[A]ctually I'm pretty adamant about, you know, the whole God thing and it seems that skeptics are by and large atheists or something approaching that, which I strongly identify with. So it turned out to be a good thing and I have become enthusiastically part of it."|
|Izzard, EddieEddie Izzard||1962–||Performer, Stand-Up Comedian||Best known for stand-up set Dress to Kill, his starring role in the television series The Riches and many motion pictures such as Ocean's Twelve, Mystery Men, and Across the Universe.|||
|Jillette, PennPenn Jillette||Magician||“Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have"|
|King, KerryKerry King||1964–||Musician||Lead/Rhythm Guitarist of Slayer||"I'm an atheist but I dont fuck with people believing in it."|
|Kubrick, StanleyStanley Kubrick||1928–1999||Film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer and editor||Renowned American director whose films include 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange and The Shining||"The whole idea of god is absurd. If anything, 2001 shows that what some people call "god" is simply an acceptable term for their ignorance. What they don't understand, they call "god"... Everything we know about the universe reveals that there is no god. I chose to do Dr. [Arthur C.] Clarke's story as a film because it highlights a critical factor necessary for human evolution; that is, beyond our present condition. This film is a rejection of the notion that there is a god; isn't that obvious?"|
Notes and references
- "Guy P. Harrison > Quotes". Goodreads. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- William Keck (2007-05-30). "Amber Heard will be heard". USA Today.
- Feldman, Noah (2005). Divided by God. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, pg. 113
- Meek, James (2000-02-02). "Free fall". Religion in the UK: special report. The Guardian. Retrieved 2007-04-20.
- Heller-Labelle, Greg (July 30, 2008), "Hrab: Skeptic 'a geek at heart'", The Bethlehem Press, p. A5
- Interview with Skepticality, the official podcast of Skeptic on December 12, 2006
- http://atheistplanet.blogspot.com/2009/11/eddie-izzard-science-vs-religion-2009.html. Retrieved 2011-04-03. Missing or empty
- "There Is No God - Penn Jillette".
- Interview with "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2011-07-29.,
- Smith, Warren (2010). Celebrities in Hell. ChelCbooks, pg. 68