List of cities in Delhi by population
below 5 yrs
|* UA=Urban Agglomeration|
In the census of India 2011, an Urban Agglomeration has been defined as follows:
“An urban agglomeration is a continuous urban spread constituting a town and its adjoining outgrowths (OGs), or two or more physically contiguous towns together with or without outgrowths of such towns. An Urban Agglomeration must consist of at least a statutory town and its total population (i.e. all the constituents put together) should not be less than 20,000 as per the 2001 Census. In varying local conditions, there were similar other combinations which have been treated as urban agglomerations satisfying the basic condition of contiguity.”
Constituents of Urban Agglomerations in Delhi
The constituents of Urban Agglomerations in Delhi, with a population of 1 lakh or above, are noted below:
- Delhi Urban Agglomeration includes DMC (U) (M Corp.), NDMC (M Cl), Bankner (CT), Bhor Garh (CT), Tikri Khurd (CT), Bakhtawarpur (CT), Bankauli (CT), Alipur (CT), Mukhmelpur (CT), Ibrahimpur (CT), Qadipur (CT), Libaspur (CT), Siraspur (CT), Khera Kalan (CT), Sahibabad Daulatpur (CT), Pehlad Pur Bangar (CT), Khera Khurd (CT), Barwala (CT), Pooth Khurd (CT), Bawana (CT), Daryapur Kalan (CT), Ladpur (CT), Kanjhawala (CT), Gheora (CT), Rani Khera (CT), Mubarak Pur Dabas (CT), Kirari Suleman Nagar (CT), Nithari (CT), Mohammad Pur Majri (CT), Karala (CT), Begum Pur (CT), Pooth Kalan (CT), Sultanpur Majra (CT), Bhalswa Jahangirpur (CT), Mukandpur (CT), Kamalpur Majra Burari (CT), Burari (CT), Jharoda Majra Burari (CT), Sadatpur Gujran (CT), Baqiabad (CT), Karawal Nagar (CT), Dayalpur (CT), Jiwanpur alias Johripur (CT), Mustafabad (CT), Khanpur Dhani (CT), Tukhmirpur (CT), Khajoori Khas (CT), Mirpur Turk (CT), Ziauddinpur (CT), Gokalpur (CT), Babarpur (CT), Jaffrabad (CT), Mandoli (CT), Shakarpur Baramad (CT), Gharonda Neemka Bangar alias Patparganj (CT), Gharoli (CT), Kondli (CT), Dallopura (CT), Chilla Saroda Bangar (CT), Chilla Saroda Khadar (CT), Hastsal (CT), Rajapur Khurd (CT), Bapraula (CT), Tilangpur Kotla (CT), Shafipur Ranhola (CT), Nilothi (CT), Nangloi Jat (CT), Quammruddin Nagar (CT), Mundka (CT), Bakkar Wala (CT), Tikri Kalan (CT), Delhi Cantonment (CB), Jharoda Kalan (CT), Kair (CT), Mitraon (CT), Khera (CT), Dindarpur (CT), Roshanpura alias Dichaon Khurd (CT), Nangli Sakrawati (CT), Chhawala (CT), Moradabad Pahari (CT), Kusumpur (CT), Malikpur Kohi alias Rangpuri (CT), Sambhalka (CT), Kapas Hera (CT), Rajokri (CT), Ghitorni (CT), Aya Nagar (CT), Jonapur (CT), Fatehpur Beri (CT), Dera Mandi (CT), Bhati (CT), Asola (CT), Chandan Hola (CT), Sultanpur (CT), Chattarpur (CT), Maidan Garhi (CT), Rajpur Khurd (CT), Deoli (CT), Neb Sarai (CT), Saidul Azaib (CT), Tigri (CT), Saidabad (CT), Kotla Mahigiran (CT), Pul Pehlad (CT), Taj Pul (CT), Mithepur (CT), Molarband (CT), Aali (CT) and Jaitpur (CT).
- Abbreviations: M Corp. = Municipal Corporation, M = Municipality, CT = Census Town, OG = Out Growth, NA = Notified Area, CB = Cantonment Board
Urban Agglomeration constituents
Urban Agglomerations constituents with a population above 100,000 as per 2011 census are shown in the table below.
|Urban Agglomeration||Name of Constituent||District||Type*||Population 2011||Male||Female||Population
below 5 yrs
|Delhi||Delhi Municipal Corporation||-||M Corp||11,007,835||5,871,362||5,136,473||1,209,275||87.60|
|New Delhi Municipal Council||-||M Cl||249,998||136,438||113,560||20,857||90.93|
|Kirari Suleman Nagar||North West Delhi||CT||282,598||152,135||130,463||40,720||79.22|
|Sultan Pur Majra||North West Delhi||CT||181,624||95,816||85,808||24,254||79.78|
|Bhalswa Jahangir Pur||North West Delhi||CT||197,150||106,271||90,879||27,653||76.94|
|Karawal Nagar||North East Delhi||CT||224,666||120,284||104,382||30,985||84.57|
|Mustafabad||North East Delhi||CT||127,012||66,754||60,258||19,370||76.10|
|Gokal Pur||North East Delhi||CT||121,938||64,935||57,003||15,299||85.24|
|Dallo Pura||East Delhi||CT||154,955||66,754||81,425||73,530||81.92|
|Nangloi Jat||West Delhi||CT||205,497||110,068||95,429||28,274||83.40|
|Delhi Cantonment||South West Delhi||CB||116,352||67,703||48,649||13,214||91.11|
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Urban Agglomerations and Cities" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-. Check date values in:
- "Constituents of urban Agglomerations Having Population 1 Lakh & above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-27.