List of retired BC Ferries ships
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of retired BC Ferries:
Since the 1960s, BC Ferries has retired the following ferries:
|Name||Built (Rebuilt)||Years in service||Class||Auto capacity||Passenger capacity||Notes||Refs|
|MV Quillayute||1927||1961-1963||None||35||600||Acquired in Black Ball purchase|||
|SS Smokwa||1946||1961-1966||None||46||473||Acquired in Black Ball purchase; named Scotian when built|||
|MV Jervis Queen||1928||1961-1966||None||45||600||Acquired in Black Ball purchase, formerly named Bainbridge|||
|MV George S. Pearson||1925||1961-1966||None||18||134||Acquired in Gulf Island Ferry Co. purchase, previously named Fox Island and Wollochet|||
|MV Cy Peck||1913 (1930)||1961-1966||None||18||135||Acquired in Gulf Island Ferry Co. purchase; formerly named Island Princess and Daily|||
|MV Sunshine Coast Queen||1952||1967-1976||None||180+||973||Originally named Vacationland and later Père Nouvel Sank while being towed for scrap December 3, 1987|
|MV Sechelt Queen||1947||1961-1976||None||83||670||Acquired in Black Ball purchase, originally named Chinook|||
|MV Langdale Queen||1903 (1919/1926/1952)||1961-1976||None||80||600||Acquired in Black Ball purchase, formerly named Kahloke, City of Sacramento, and Asbury Park; scrapped in 2009|||
|MV Dogwood Princess||1969||1969-1979||None||0||30|
|MV Pender Queen||1923 (1956)||1961-1980||None||40||250||Acquired in Gulf Island Ferry Co. purchase, formerly named Motor Princess. Sunk and scrapped in 2003|||
|MV Princess of Vancouver||1955||1985-1987||None||150||984||Formerly part of the Ministry of Transportation and Highways' saltwater ferry fleet and the Canadian Pacific Railway|
|MV Queen of the Islands||1963||1963-1991||None||40||400||Sold in 1991, permanently moored in Mosquito Creek Marina in North Vancouver since 2009|
|MV Saltspring Queen||1949||1961-1996||None||36||187||Acquired in Gulf Island Ferry Co. purchase, formerly named Delta Princess|
|MV Vesuvius Queen||1950||1962-1998||None||35||184||Originally named Lloyd Jones and sailed on Okanagan Lake, sold to R & G Importadora & Exportadora of the Dominican Republic in 1998|||
|MV Queen of Sidney||1960||1960-2000||Sidney||138||989||First BC Ferries vessel|
|MV Queen of Victoria||1962 (1970/1981)||1962-2000||V||286||1360||Stretched in 1970, upper deck added in 1981 to increase capacity; sold to R & G Importadora & Exportadora of the Dominican Republic in 2001|||
|MV PacifiCat Explorer||1998||1998-2000||PacifiCat||235||1000|
|MV PacifiCat Discovery||1999||1999-2000||PacifiCat||235||1000|
|MV PacifiCat Voyager||2000||Never||PacifiCat||235||1000||Would have entered service in 2000|
|MV Albert J. Savoie||1961||1985-2002||N||16||133||Formerly part of the Ministry of Transportation and Highways' saltwater ferry fleet|
|MV Queen of the North||1969||1974-2006||None||115||650||Purchased from Stena Line in 1974; formerly named Queen of Surrey and Stena Danica; sank in Wright Sound on March 22, 2006|
|MV Queen of Esquimalt||1963 (1969/1982)||1963-2008||V||376||1630||Stretched in 1969, upper deck added in 1982 to increase capacity|||
|MV Queen of Tsawwassen||1960||1960-2008||Sidney||128||640|||
|MV Queen of Saanich||1962 (1972/1982)||1962-2008||V||360||1672||Stretched in 1972, upper deck added in 1982 to increase capacity|
|MV Queen of Vancouver||1962 (1972/1981)||1962-2009||V||338||1670||Stretched in 1972, upper deck added in 1981 to increase capacity|||
|MV Queen of Prince Rupert||1965||1965-2009||None||80||510||Last BC Ferry built at Victoria Machinery Depot|
|MV Mill Bay||1956||1969-2011||None||16||136||Acquired in 1969 purchase of Coast Ferries|
|MV Queen of Chilliwack||1978||1991-2015||None||115||400||Acquired by Goundar Shipping in 2015|
|MV Tenaka||1964||1985-2016||None||24||244||Acquired by Lady Rose Marine Services in 2016|
Planned to be Retired
- Hammersmark, John. "Old and Retired Ferries". The Ferry Terminal. Archived from the original on 27 October 2009. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- Photos of MV Quillayute. EvergreenFleet.com.
- Photos of SS Smokwa (ex-Scotian). EvergreenFleet.com.
- Photos of MV Jervis Queen (ex-Bainbridge). EvergreenFleet.com.
- Photos of MV George S. Pearson (ex-Fox Island, ex-Wollochet). EvergreenFleet.com.
- Photo of MV Cy Peck. EvergreenFleet.com.
- Photos of MV Sechelt Queen (ex-Chinoook II, ex Chinook). EvergreenFleet.com.
- Photos of MV Langdale Queen (ex-Kahloke, ex-City of Sacramento, ex-Asbury Park). EvergreenFleet.com.
- Photo of MV Pender Queen (ex-Motor Princess). EvergreenFleet.com.
- MarineLink.com: Sale of the MV Vesuvius Queen
- MarineLink.com: Sale of the MV Queen of Victoria
- Times Colonist, "Queen of Esquimalt sold to buyer in China", 12 July 2008
- Photos of MV Queen of Tsawwassen (ex-Tsawwassen). EvergreenFleet.com.
- Photos of MV Queen of Vancouver (ex-City of Vancouver). EvergreenFleet.com.
- "Intermediate Class New-Build Program". bcferries.com. BC Ferries. Retrieved 1 June 2013.