Lithonia High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Lithonia High School|
|2440 Phillips Road
|Color(s)||Black and gold|
|Website||Lithonia High School|
Lithonia High School is a public high school located in Lithonia, Georgia, United States. It serves 1,450 students in grades 9-12. Yolanda Peek is the current principal. The school offers many clubs and extracurricular activities, including book club, Future Business Leaders of America, robotics, marching band, and chorus. Sports include baseball, football, basketball, volleyball, swimming, golf, tennis, soccer, track, gymnastics, cheerleading, softball, and wrestling.
As of the 2013-2014 school year, Lithonia is a uniform school.
In 2014, 2015 and 2016, Lithonia was recognized for having a Gates Millennium Scholar.
On December 17, 2012, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools announced that it had downgraded the DeKalb County Schools System's status from "on advisement" to "on probation," and warned the school system that the loss of their accreditation was "imminent."
However, DeKalb County named Lithonia as one of its top ten improved schools in 2012.
- Matt Battaglia - former All-American football player, NFL player, actor, Emmy-winning producer
- Alton Brown - Food Network personality
- Kelvin Cato - retired NBA basketball player
- Max Cleland - United States Senator, 1997–2003
- Mike Potts - former Major League Baseball player
- Dr. Alduan Tartt - psychologist, media personality (TV One)
- "DeKalb school district in 'conflict and crisis,' put on probation by accreditation agency." The Atlanta Journal and Constitution. December 17, 2012. Retrieved on December 19, 2012.
|This school-related article concerning the U.S. state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|