Live in London (George Michael video)
|Live in London|
|Video by George Michael|
|Recorded||24/25 August 2008, Earls Court, London|
|Genre||R&B, pop, dance-pop|
|George Michael chronology|
Live in London is a live concert recording of George Michael's final two concerts in London's Earls Court on 24 and 25 August 2008 as part of his 25 Live tour. This is the first live DVD of George Michael's career. It was released on DVD (two discs release) and Blu-ray (one BD with DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Digital 5.1 multichannel sound) formats on 7 December 2009 in the UK, Europe and Australia, and on 8 December 2009 in the USA and Canada.
The DVD had subtitles for spoken portions of the DVD in several languages. The highly anticipated shows on the DVD marked the end of George Michael's triumphant 25 Live Tour and were the last chance to catch Michael performing on a stage of this magnitude in London.
In 2006, George Michael announced his first tour in 15 years, 25 Live. This DVD was recorded and filmed on 24 and 25 August 2008 when George Michael declared two special performances entitled "The Final Two" which took place in Earls Court, London. Moreover, another "final" concerts were announced in Copenhagen and Abu Dhabi. Those concerts were the last extensive touring that was performed by George Michael. The concert set list is a bit different from earlier in the tour. The DVD was recorded in the latter part of the tour, which had a very different set list. Earlier in the tour, the set list was vastly different. Since most artists record the last (or last couple of) show(s) on a tour, the set list can change over the course of the tour. The DVD reflects the final set list later used in the "Finals" concerts in Abu Dhabi, Australia, etc. The DVD is a mesh of the last two shows at Earl's Court. The viewer can see a few of the differences between the two nights (example: the Congo player changes between two different men during "Too Funky"). The viewer can also see different places George is standing from shot to shot (as in the extended part of "Fastlove", once on the main stage, then a second later at the end of the catwalk stage extension, and during the intro of "Outside", once waiting behind the LED stage wall to open for George to walk trough, then moments later he enters the stage from the right side, not using the door in the LED wall).
- "Waiting (Reprise)" (Michael)
- "Fastlove" (Michael/Rushen/Douglas)
- "I'm Your Man" (Michael)
- "Flawless (Go to the City)" (Michael/Alexander/Wooden/Turnier/Matthew/Stumm)
- "Father Figure" (Michael)
- "You Have Been Loved" (Michael/Austin)
- "An Easier Affair" (Michael/Cushnan/Ambrose/Flynn)
- "Everything She Wants" (Michael)
- "One More Try" (Michael)
- "A Different Corner" (Michael)
- "Too Funky" (Michael)
- "Shoot the Dog" (Michael/Oakey/Burden)
- "John and Elvis Are Dead" (Michael/Austin)
- "Faith" (Michael)
- "Spinning the Wheel" (Michael/Douglas)
- "Feeling Good" (Bricusse/Newley)
- "Roxanne" (Sting)
- "My Mother Had a Brother" (Michael)
- "Amazing" (Michael/Douglas)
- "Fantasy" (Michael)
- "Outside" (Michael)
- "Careless Whisper" (Michael/Ridgeley)
- "Freedom! '90" (Michael)
This disc contains the following bonus features:
- "I'd Know Him a Mile Off!"
- Produced by Lisa Johnson, Filmed and directed by David Austin. Made by G K Panayioutou.
- "I'd Know Him a Mile Off!"
- Bonus tracks:
- George Michael – vocals
- Chris Cameron – musical director, keyboards, arranger
- Danny Cummings – percussion
- Lea Mullen – percussion
- Phil Palmer – guitars
- Andy Hamilton – sax, keyboards, EWI
- Steve Walters – bass
- Mike Brown – guitars
- Carlos Hercules – drums
- Graham Kearns – guitars
- Luke Smith – keyboards
- Shirley Lewis – backing vocals
- Jay Henry – backing vocals
- Lincoln Jean-Marie – backing vocals
- Lori Perry – backing vocals
- Sharon Perry – backing vocals
- Lucy Jules – backing vocals
|Dutch Music DVDs Chart||2|
|New Zealand Music DVDs Chart||2|
|Spanish Music DVDs Chart||10|
|Swiss Music DVDs Chart||5|
|UK Music Videos Chart||3|
|Australian Music DVDs Chart||1|
|Austrian Music DVDs Chart||9|
|Belgian (Flanders) Music DVDs Chart||2|
|Belgian (Wallonia) Music DVDs Chart||2|
|Danish Music DVDs Chart||2|
|Swedish Music DVDs Chart||10|
Certifications and sales
|Australia (ARIA)||2× Platinum||30,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Platinum||50,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- George Michael's "Live in London" DVD to Be Released on 8 December
- "Dutch Charts Portal". GfK Dutch Charts (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Top 10 Music DVDs". RIANZ. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Top 20 DVD Musical" (PDF). PROMUSICAE (in Spanish). Media Control GfK. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Swiss Charts – Music DVD Top 10 20.12.2009". Hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "2009-12-19 Top 40 Music Video Archive". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "ARIA Top 40 Music DVD" (PDF). The ARIA Report (1045): 23. 8 March 2010. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Austria Top 40 – Musik-DVDs Top 10 22.01.2010". Austriancharts.at (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Ultratop Belgian Charts". Ultratop (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Ultratop Belgian Charts". Ultratop (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Musik DVD Top-10". Hitlisten.nu (in Danish). IFPI Denmark. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Sveriges Officiella Toppista". Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 30 January 2013. Search for George Michael Live in London and click Sök.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2016 DVDs". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "French video certifications – George Michael – Live in London" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (George Michael; 'Live In London')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Irish video certifications – George Michael – Live in London". Irish Recorded Music Association. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "British video certifications – George Michael – Live in London". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 18 June 2014. Enter Live in London in the search field and then press Enter.