From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Loeb (or Löb) may refer to:
- Loeb (supermarket), a defunct Canadian chain of supermarket/grocery stores
- Loeb's (department store), a specialty department store
- Loeb Classical Library, a series of books containing the works of Greek and Latin authors with the original text and the English translation on facing pages
- Loeb space or Loeb measure in mathematics
- Kuhn, Loeb & Co., an investment bank founded in 1867 by Abraham Kuhn and Solomon Loeb
- Loeb, Rhoades & Co., a Wall Street brokerage firm founded by Carl Loeb and John L. Loeb
As a surname
- Abraham (Avi) Loeb, a theoretical astrophysicist, Chair of the Astronomy Department and Director of the Institute for Theory & Computation at Harvard University
- Albert Henry Loeb (1868–1924), an attorney and an executive of Sears, Roebuck and Co.. Also father of convicted murderer Richard Albert Loeb of the infamous Leopold and Loeb.
- Carl M. Loeb, President of the American Metal Company and founder of Carl M. Loeb & Co., later Loeb Rhoades & Co. and father of John Langeloth Loeb, Sr.
- Daniel Elliott Loeb (born 1966), mathematician, publisher of the Philadelphia Jewish Voice
- Daniel S. Loeb American hedge fund manager and founder of Third Point LLC
- Dominique-France Loeb-Picard, former queen of Egypt
- Eliezer Löb (1837–1892), German rabbi
- Gerald M. Loeb, Chairman of E.F. Hutton & Co., noted trader, financial writer and founder of the Gerald Loeb Award
- Jacques Loeb (1859–1924), German-born American physiologist and biologist
- James Loeb (1867–1933), banker, son of Solomon Loeb and founder of the Loeb Classical Library
- John Langeloth Loeb, Sr. (1902–1996), banker and co-founder (with father, Carl M. Loeb) of Loeb, Rhoades & Co. in 1937.
- John Langeloth Loeb, Jr. (1930–), US ambassador to Denmark (1981–1983). Delegate to the United Nations (1984). Chairman (since 1979) of Loeb, Rhoades Trust Company. Son of John Langeloth Loeb, Sr.
- Jeph Loeb, American film and television writer, producer and comic book writer
- Lisa Loeb (born 1968), American singer-songwriter and actress
- Marshall Loeb (born 1929), American author, editor, commentator and columnist specializing in business matters
- Martin Löb (1921–2006), German mathematician
- Nicholas M. Loeb (born 1975), American businessman
- Peter A. Loeb mathematician
- Philip Loeb (1892–1955), American actor blacklisted under McCarthyism
- Richard Loeb (1905–1936), American murderer, part of Leopold and Loeb
- Rudolf Löb (1877–1966), German banker, Mendelssohn & Co.
- Sam Loeb (born Joseph Loeb IV, 1988–2005), son of comic book writer Jeph Loeb
- Sébastien Loeb (born 1974), French Rally driver, 9 times World Rally Champion.
- Solomon Loeb (1828–1903), American banker, founder of investment bank Kuhn, Loeb & Co. and father of James Loeb
- Sophie Irene Loeb-Simon (1876–1929), American journalist and social welfare advocate
- Vernon F. Loeb, American journalist
- William Loeb, Jr. (1866–1937), secretary to President Theodore Roosevelt
- William Loeb (1905–1981), publisher of the Manchester Union Leader newspaper
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|
|This page lists people with the surname Loeb. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|