August 29, 1989 |
|August 4, 2013, for the Chicago Cubs|
(through 2014 season)
|Runs batted in||6|
Watkins was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 21st round of the 2008 amateur draft. He signed with the team on June 27, 2008, receiving a reported signing bonus of $600,000. Watkins was named the Cubs' minor league player of the year in 2012. The Cubs added him to their 40-man roster after the season. On August 4, 2013, the Cubs promoted Watkins to the major leagues. Watkins hit .246 with a home run in 65 at-bats with the Cubs in 2014.
Watkins was designated for assignment by the Cubs on December 19, 2014.
- Arguello, John (November 13, 2012). "Logan Watkins working his way to Wrigley". Chicago Now. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Bryan LaHair designated for assignment as Cubs set 40-man roster | MLB.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- John Arguello (2013-07-25). "Logan Watkins gets the call up to Chicago, will start at 2B today. | Cubs Den". Chicagonow.com. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Cubs claim catcher Ryan Lavarnway and outfielder Shane Peterson off waivers". MLB.com. December 19, 2014. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Beck, Jason (January 10, 2017). "Tigers sign Minors contracts with 22 players". MLB.com. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball second baseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|