(Redirected from Lombardic)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Lombard in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term Lombard refers to members of or things related, directly or indirectly, to Lombardy, a region in northern Italy encompassing in the past all of northern Italy.
History and culture
- Lombards, a Germanic tribe
- Lombards of Sicily, a linguistic minority living in Sicily, southern Italy
- Lombard banking, Lombard is a historical term for pawn shops or moneychangers in the Middle Ages
- Lombard League, a medieval alliance of some 30 cities in Northern Italy
- Lombard rhythm, a musical rhythm, especially used in Baroque music
- Lombardic capitals, a style of decorative upper-case letter found in medieval manuscripts.
- The current Lombard language, a Romance language spoken in parts of Switzerland and Northern Italy
- The extinct Lombardic language (Longobardic), a Germanic language spoken by the Longobards
- Lombard effect, a phenomenon in which a speaker or singer involuntarily raises his or her vocal intensity in the presence of high levels of sound
- ICICI Lombard, an insurance company in India
- Le Lombard (or Editions Lombard), the Belgian comic book publisher
- Lombard Bank, a bank in Malta
- Lombard credit, a form of lending used by central banks
- Lombard Direct, an insurance company in the United Kingdom
- United States
- Lombard (surname)
- Automobiles Lombard, a French automobile manufacturer in the 1920s
- Lombard, codename of third generation PowerBook G3 laptop computers made by Apple Computer from 1999 to 2001
- Anna Lombard, a 1901 novel by Annie Sophie Cory writing as Victoria Cross
- Lombard (band), Polish rock band
- Lombard College, a now defunct institution of higher education in Galesburg, Illinois
- Lombard (grape), another name for the German/Italian wine grape Trollinger
- Enfariné noir, French wine grape that is also known as Lombard
- "Lombard" (Miami Vice), an episode from the Miami Vice television series
- Lombard (gun), an early cannon
- Lombard (magazine), an Italian business magazine
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lombard.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.